Psu transistor please help

Fishtacoburritosupreme

Joined Dec 12, 2020
Ugh I truly don't know how to search for this particular psu is there any key I could use to find it? All I found was a manual nothing else don't know if it's of mScreenshot_20201212_090606_com.android.chrome.jpguch help

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
They tend not to release their schematics so I'm pretty sure you won't find one on the internet.

If somebody has one perhaps they can take a look?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
From the picture, I see only 2 legs and an insulating strip behind it. That suggests a diode of some sort, or perhaps even a thermal switch/fuse. If a thermal switch, is may have gone open like a fuse, stopping the circuit. Try to find the part number. Remove it and do a diode test with a multimeter to see if it is a diode or is "open" or "shorted"

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It should be stamped on the component. Can you take a closeup of just the component? Also of the area of the PCB where the component is placed.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It is clearly marked on the PCB D23 which is a diode and the component markings indicate BY-C15 which is a Hyppefast power diode. extension://nhppiemcomgngbgdeffdgkhnkjlgpcdi/data/pdf.js/web/viewer.html?file=http%3A%2F%2Fpdf.datasheetcatalog.com%2Fdatasheet%2FNXP_Semiconductors%2FBYC15-600.pdf

The PCB markings in the other spots are for transistors. Without them or a schematic specifying them you are outta luck.

Last edited:

Fishtacoburritosupreme

Joined Dec 12, 2020
It is clearly marked on the PCB D23 which is a diode and the component markings indicate BY-C15 which is a Hyppefast power diode. extension://nhppiemcomgngbgdeffdgkhnkjlgpcdi/data/pdf.js/web/viewer.html?file=http%3A%2F%2Fpdf.datasheetcatalog.com%2Fdatasheet%2FNXP_Semiconductors%2FBYC15-600.pdf

The PCB markings in the other spots are for transistors. Without them or a schematic specifying them you are outta luck.
OK first of all thanks for your answers, now OK, if you look to the sides of that hyppefast diode you mention theres a silhouette of the transistors that were there clearly bigger than than that, I remember the components had 3 legs.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019

Techohead

Joined Nov 23, 2020
View attachment 224686

Please can anyone help me determine what type and model of transistor this psu uses(voltage, amp, etc), the one it had were removed and I have no idea what Trans use D:
They have a TO247 case & could be FETs, type SPW20N60C3 20.7A 650V Check if the device driving them is a transformer, in which case they could be transistors, of in IC design to drive FETs. the datasheet of the device will tell you.