Amplify Flip Flop signal from NE 555 timer using transistors

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
1635229693593.png
1635229775716.png
1635229814490.png
Above is the graph across R7 (Load).

Hi readers,
Flip Flop with Ne555 timer means turning on an led and another one off, as shown in picture, and this alternate on and off pattern continues. This video can be found at Click Here . I have succeeded in amplifying one of the 2 signal as shown in picture and my schematic by connecting the ground and output of NE 555 timer. However, The 2 signal I am referring to is the voltage drop across (Ground&Out) and (Out&Vcc) of the NE555 timer. What I have done is I ampified the voltage drop across (Ground&Out) which is easy. However, I am unsure of how to amplify the voltage drop across (Out&Vcc). :)

Question: How to amplify voltage drop across Out&Vcc of the NE 555 timer ?

Thank you for reading :)
Question:

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Mrsss.
WHY are you using a 600mA transistor 2N2907 in a 1Amp circuit.

And why would you want to amplify the 555 output to drive a 2N2222.???

E

Also, will the NE555 work reliably with a 4V supply,, read the data sheets.

Attachments

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
hi Mrsss.
WHY are you using a 600mA transistor 2N2907 in a 1Amp circuit.

And why would you want to amplify the 555 output to drive a 2N2222.???

E

Also, will the NE555 work reliably with a 4V supply,, read the data sheets.
Hi Eric, because I want to increase power output of my load (10 Ohms at R7 ) . So, basically, I want to create a flip flop led (But with very high brightness), therefore I will need a transistor. However, I am unsure of how to amplify the voltage drop across Out&Vcc .

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
Hi Mrsss,
Your LTS circuit lay out is like a dog's breakfast.!!:oops:

Study how to lay out a circuit.:)

Tidied a little.
E

View attachment 251131
Hi, thanks for tidy circuit, I started using spice 5 days ago. Do you know how to like create a flip flop led circuit but with very high brightness? Might have to use transistors to amplify the signal to put more power on led. This flip flop uses 2 seperate high brightness led :)

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi M.
For a start, use a power transistor to drive the 10R load,
Post details of your high-powered LED, and we can go through that together.

E

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
hi M.
For a start, use a power transistor to drive the 10R load,
Post details of your high-powered LED, and we can go through that together.

E
Hi, The Led I am talking about is maybe the 1Watt Led that you normally used in electronics. Just that it is group together maybe 30 in a row (either parallel or series) to increase its wattage or brightness . I keep searching online on how to increase he flip flop led wattage in the video that is shown here Click Here :)

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
Look at this chart, you can see that different coloured LED's have different forward voltage drops, so it matters which colours you plan to use.?
E
Spec Sheet.jpg

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
OK, let's say 30 White LEDs, these are typical 3.2V forward voltage, and say 20mA/LED.

So you could have three White in series with a low-value series resistor to limit the current, when using a 10Vdc supply. [ Ideally, a 12V supply would be a better choice]
These 3 LEDs would require 20mA

And say 10 Rows like the above, so that's 10 Rows at 20mA = 200mA total load.

Do you follow .?
E

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
Sorry, its not the normal led. It's rating of the bulb is (12V, 3A). So, you will need 2 of these bulb to create flip-flop circuit. It consume quite high current & Power and therefore transistor must be used because NE 555 has limited output power :)

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
hi M,
Make up your mind, I have just wasted 30 minutes of my time.!!!
Sit down and think what you are trying to do.
E
View attachment 251138
Hey, sorry for trouble However, this is for flip that is (OUT & Ground) of Ne555 to be amplified. My question is about the flop that is (OUT & Vcc) that is to be amplified and not the (Out&Ground which you and I did already) . Basically, it is inverted. When (OUT & Ground) of NE 555 is high, (OUT & Vcc) will be low and conversely. The output for one pair of led is high and the other one will be low as shown in white lines below.
1635237211916.png

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
View attachment 251123
View attachment 251125
View attachment 251126
Above is the graph across R7 (Load).

Hi readers,
Flip Flop with Ne555 timer means turning on an led and another one off, as shown in picture, and this alternate on and off pattern continues. This video can be found at Click Here . I have succeeded in amplifying one of the 2 signal as shown in picture and my schematic by connecting the ground and output of NE 555 timer. However, The 2 signal I am referring to is the voltage drop across (Ground&Out) and (Out&Vcc) of the NE555 timer. What I have done is I ampified the voltage drop across (Ground&Out) which is easy. However, I am unsure of how to amplify the voltage drop across (Out&Vcc). :)

Question: How to amplify voltage drop across Out&Vcc of the NE 555 timer ?

Thank you for reading :)
Question:
Why not run the 555 @ 10 Volts?