show your picture,one by one

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
Why do all of the members of your unit have white dots for faces? Some sort of secret weapon unleashed by the enemy? :)
They're all using the same makeup artist.

Actually, we're part of a government controlled test program. Testing a new type of nano tech camouflage. It's something the medias has forced the gov's to do. It's so when reporters and photographers takes pictures, they don't have to censor the soldiers faces. Why didn't my face go white? - I didn't apply enough nano tech cover cream.
 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
They're all using the same makeup artist.

Actually, we're part of a government controlled test program. Testing a new type of nano tech camouflage. It's something the medias has forced the gov's to do. It's so when reporters and photographers takes pictures, they don't have to censor the soldiers faces. Why didn't my face go white? - I didn't apply enough nano tech cover cream.
Lol. Your joke isn't too far from truth. The U.S. Marines came out with a new "digital" camo a few years back. Science said it was more effective at fooling sensors, including the human eye. see pic:




So then the Navy, feeling like the left-out little brother, decided that they needed digital camo too. Blue digital camo. So that when they fall off their giant non-digital-camo grey ships into the water, they blend right into their surroundings. see pic:





IDIOTS. This is all happened 2 months after I got out. So I get to claim that I served in "less stupid" Navy...
 

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
So then the Navy, feeling like the left-out little brother, decided that they needed digital camo too. Blue digital camo. So that when they fall off their giant non-digital-camo grey ships into the water, they blend right into their surroundings.


IDIOTS. This is all happened 2 months after I got out. So I get to claim that I served in "less stupid" Navy...
Yeah when I first heard this I was scratching my head too. Except for possibly SEAL teams or Marines, what use would the Navy have for camo uniforms? Maybe for pilots should they get shot down.

I also wondered about the visibility factor too. You wonder what brain came up with the camo idea and didn't consider that sailors can fall OB. Of course blue or white is not much better either.

If they switched, you would have thought it would be to high vis green or orange. I'm guessing the days of sailors being picked off by enemy snipers has be gone for at least a couple of years now. :)
 
Last edited:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
5,029
Blue digital camo. So that when they fall off their giant non-digital-camo grey ships into the water, they blend right into their surroundings.
Yes, sure you realize how hard is to distinguish a man in the water. Much less when there is wind and swell (not to speak in night time).

Believe me, it IS.

God bless the poor guy that goes overboard!

Still recall, after 40 years, the request for help we received near Canary islands with very rough sea and force 10 wind for a Russian seaman that went overboard. On the bridge, we all knew there was not hope for him.
 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
Yes, sure you realize how hard is to distinguish a man in the water. Much less when there is wind and swell (not to speak in night time).

Believe me, it IS.

God bless the poor guy that goes overboard!

Still recall, after 40 years, the request for help we received near Canary islands with very rough sea and force 10 wind for a Russian seaman that went overboard. On the bridge, we all knew there was not hope for him.
Like looking for a needle in a hay stack, except the hay stack is scattered and flying around inside a tornado, and the needle is painted to be camouflaged with the hay.
 

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
5,934
i think its because the net speed is slow:).
What have you been up to Happy. Have not heard anything from you in some time now. Try to resize your picture. Any picture uploaded larger than 800x800 pixels. Will automatically be resized to fit within the 800x800 constraints. If your picture is larger than 800x800. You can reduce the amount of data needed to send a picture. By resize the picture in your end. Most free picture tools can do this. Remember to scale your picture in a proportional manner. Else it will end up looking strange
By the way did you apply for this job:p
http://www.chinasmack.com/2013/stories/wanted-chief-porn-identification-officer-200k-salary.html
 
Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
I should have posted that in late February, our carnival season, but late is better than never.

A quick make up to compensate for my boredom to get a proper costume. It was a pain to take it off, though.
The next day I had a meeting and at one point I thought I would arrive with running make up, looking like Joker in Batman: Dark Knight.
 

Attachments

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
Geo, that looks like my Elbo Room picture,if I ever get it posted you will see.

I have no make up on,but enough to hide my ID. We need more of that ,the guys

need to get real.
 
Top