show your picture,one by one

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
833
Nice.

Try wilting some cabbage in a really hot pan with olive oil. Then add some (cooked) prawns and some lime juice.

Add some salt and enjoy!
 

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
35,201
Me and the XYL just got back from an afternoon sail. The winds were very strong with white caps on the water... lots of fun.
We sail albacores, 15-foot dinghies.
Don't have an actual photo but here's what one looks like:

 

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
Me and the XYL just got back from an afternoon sail. The winds were very strong with white caps on the water... lots of fun.
We sail albacores, 15-foot dinghies.
Don't have an actual photo but here's what one looks like:

A friend of mine had an albacore. That is a challenging boat in heavy winds.

We have not had much wind in several weeks. Hit and miss it seems. Why I sold my Sandpiper. I got tired of driving the 1 hour to the lake to find no wind.

What lake is this? (looks like a lake at least)
 

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
35,201
What? No winds? I read that the power is out in many parts of north eastern USA from strong winds over the weekend.
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/storms/story/2012-07-01/storms-power-outages/55956388/1?csp=34news

I have no idea where this photo was taken but where we sail looks a lot like this.
We do not own a boat. We are members of a co-op club that owns about 18 dinghies and three keelboats. Thus it takes very little effort to get on the water.

Every Friday evening I bike down to the club and can be on the water within 15 mins.
We race on Saturdays and that's a lot of fun.

Here is what an albacore race might look like:

 
Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
35,201
What is missing on the Albacore is a spinnaker and trapeze.
Just for the fun of it we rigged one of the Albacores with both spinnaker and trapeze.
That's the most outrageous thing I have ever done and the closest I have come to flying!

Here is what it looks like on the trapeze:

 

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
What? No winds? I read that the power is out in many parts of north eastern USA from strong winds over the weekend.
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/storms/story/2012-07-01/storms-power-outages/55956388/1?csp=34news

I have no idea where this photo was taken but where we sail looks a lot like this.
We do not own a boat. We are members of a co-op club that owns about 18 dinghies and three keelboats. Thus it takes very little effort to get on the water.

Every Friday evening I bike down to the club and can be on the water within 15 mins.
We race on Saturdays and that's a lot of fun.

Here is what an albacore race might look like:


We missed the worst of that. Went right by us in about a half hour. The worst to our south. Very little rain and we need it bad. Though a clab of thunder hit and it was the loudest I have ever heard. It shook my house and I felt it in my chest.

So where do you sail?
 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
I just cleaned out and deleted my myspace account, and saved a few of my old pics that I like. Thought I would share them.

The worst toilet I've ever seen, at the Knossos site in Crete:



Me standing watch topside of the submarine:



Me smoking above a TOMAHAWK missile in submarine VLS tube while performing maintenance.



Me being intimate with a camel in Dubai:



My 3 lips after I crashed my motorcycle on the freeway:
 

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
I just cleaned out and deleted my myspace account, and saved a few of my old pics that I like. Thought I would share them.

The worst toilet I've ever seen, at the Knossos site in Crete:


That toilet is clean. Try one with human feces piled up next to it. Saw it in the Virgin Islands, at a restaurant where I was eating no less.



Me smoking above a TOMAHAWK missile in submarine VLS tube while performing maintenance.
I used to work of both tomahawk and harpoon during my employment at TI.
 

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
That toilet is clean. Try one with human feces piled up next to it. Saw it in the Virgin Islands, at a restaurant where I was eating no less.
Any of you guys ever watch Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe? I saw an episode once with one of the filthiest bathrooms I've ever seen in my life. The entire floor was covered with cr*p, and the toilet was hardly visible under it. Absolutely sickening. I'm trying to find a picture for you....
 

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
Any of you guys ever watch Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe? I saw an episode once with one of the filthiest bathrooms I've ever seen in my life. The entire floor was covered with cr*p, and the toilet was hardly visible under it. Absolutely sickening. I'm trying to find a picture for you....
Please don't!
 
Top