show your picture,one by one

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806


I thought I'd test if I can do vacuum forming with my vacuum cleaner, a hotplate and a tin can with a few holes in it. The plastic is from a blister pack.
At some point I want to make a lightweight shell for a model, and this looks promising. It's not perfect, but maybe if I change the bag on the vacuum cleaner and practice a bit I can get it better.
 

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390


I thought I'd test if I can do vacuum forming with my vacuum cleaner, a hotplate and a tin can with a few holes in it. The plastic is from a blister pack.
At some point I want to make a lightweight shell for a model, and this looks promising. It's not perfect, but maybe if I change the bag on the vacuum cleaner and practice a bit I can get it better.
Reminds me of a scene from Star Wars....

 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875


I thought I'd test if I can do vacuum forming with my vacuum cleaner, a hotplate and a tin can with a few holes in it. The plastic is from a blister pack.
At some point I want to make a lightweight shell for a model, and this looks promising. It's not perfect, but maybe if I change the bag on the vacuum cleaner and practice a bit I can get it better.
I think that's awesome.
 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
a sheet of rigid black plastic. The rigid plastic gets all floppy and like a plastic bag when you heat it. so, he built this little table, put a lego man on top, put the plastic on top the lego man, heated the plastic, and drew vacuum on the cavity under the plastic. This causes the plastic to suck in and contour to the shape of the lego man. Then heat is removed and the plastic hardens, making a mould of the lego man.
 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
Whats even more dramatic than your soundtrack is how you inserted a screenshot of the video, as if to fool AAC regulars into thinking that we now have embedded video. ;)
Cool clock larva

and Yes, you got me. clicked the start button (more than 1X)
 

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
434
Whats even more dramatic than your soundtrack is how you inserted a screenshot of the video, as if to fool AAC regulars into thinking that we now have embedded video. ;)
Cool clock larva

and Yes, you got me. clicked the start button (more than 1X)

:D I only clicked it once... No really... :rolleyes:
 

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
Whats even more dramatic than your soundtrack is how you inserted a screenshot of the video, as if to fool AAC regulars into thinking that we now have embedded video. ;)
Cool clock larva

and Yes, you got me. clicked the start button (more than 1X)
Good to know I'm not the only one! :D
I clicked it 2 times, then tried dragging the slider. That's when I found out it was a screenshot. Good one :p
 
Top