I think you mean potassium iodide.t06afre said:From what I have read. About 57 gram of potassium iodate is used pr 1 ton salt then producing iodized salt. It should be quite easy to find out how many Kilo iodized salt you need to get a 130mg dose![]()
Potassium iodate (KIO3) is used in tabble salt. Potassium iodide (KI) is used in the iodine tablets. I have found out. That 1 tablet equals 80 tablespoons of iodized saltI think you mean potassium iodide.
I did the calculation above for a common American salt producer. However, as also mentioned, the amount of KI in salt that is sold locally may depend a great deal on its source.
John
I was referring to Morton's iodized salt in the US, which uses KI. It was what I had available in the kitchen. Apparently, potassium iodate is used in some countries, including interestingly enough, China (http://www.saltinstitute.org/content/download/12558/79046/file/Global Iodization Table.pdf).Potassium iodate (KIO3) is used in tabble salt. Potassium iodide (KI) is used in the iodine tablets. I have found out. That 1 tablet equals 80 tablespoons of iodized salt.
Uranium-238 !!Bribri, what exactly is in that kit?
I really hope it's nothing radioactive, but it wouldn't surprise me.
REALLY!!!Uranium-238 !!
flee-market?where can I find one!?!?
Probably not. That kit looks like it is from the 1950's -- last century. People in the US were not nearly as sensitive to radiation hazards then as we are now. It was even used to treat acne (egads!) and most shoe stores had fluoroscopes so you could see how new shoes fit. Kids will be kids. My brother and I played with them, like making shadow figures on the wall with our hands. Atomic bomb tests were announced, and we would get up early (SoCal) to see the glow from over the mountains.Is the stuff in the kit depleted?
Version 1.0 is now ready for the PIC16F819Hey Mark, can I have the code..Me too like to have a four decimal one..been thinking about it but haven't had much luck to take some time off.