Only in Florida

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/fl-reg-south-florida-iguana-invasive-damage-20180618-story.html
“This year is the most iguanas I’ve seen and I’ve been in business for nine years,” says Thomas Portuallo, owner of Fort Lauderdale-based Iguana Control. He says the invasive lizards are out of control with “many hundreds of thousands” creeping around Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-sb-iguana-handling-issues-20180131-story.html

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I once witnessed some college students joy-riding on the hood of a car.
Then the driver noticed that the people were sliding forward off the hood. So she slammed on the brakes.:eek:
Fun to watch!:D

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I once witnessed some college students joy-riding on the hood of a car.
Then the driver noticed that the people were sliding forward off the hood. So she slammed on the brakes.:eek:
Fun to watch!:D
I was the guy on the roof once. Soon found myself on the pavement in front of the - thankfully - stopped car. Oh, the good old days...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Yeah ... I know that this thread is about Florida, but Texas has its quirks too ... I live only two hours away from the border, and I love Texas. But I found this article hilarious because I have a brother who's been living in Norway for the last 15 years:

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/e...ng-texas-to-mean-crazy-actually-isnt-so-crazy

The American press recently picked up on an interesting linguistic phenomenon in Norway, where the word “Texas” is slang for “crazy.”

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I was the guy on the roof once. Soon found myself on the pavement in front of the - thankfully - stopped car. Oh, the good old days...
In high school a friend jump on the hood of my car and was almost immediately thrown off. He was athletic enough that he rolled properly and wasn't injured, but it shook him, me, and everyone in the car with me enough that I doubt any of us ever participated in such stupidity again.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
In high school a friend jump on the hood of my car and was almost immediately thrown off. He was athletic enough that he rolled properly and wasn't injured, but it shook him, me, and everyone in the car with me enough that I doubt any of us ever participated in such stupidity again.
Glad to hear that a lesson was unforgettably learned without anyone getting hurt ... if only everyone else were that lucky ...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Glad to hear that a lesson was unforgettably learned without anyone getting hurt ... if only everyone else were that lucky ...
I've been perhaps luckier than most in learning lessons from things that could, very easily, have been devastatingly tragic but, as pure luck and nothing but luck would have it, turned out to be utterly benign in their actual consequences. I've had friends that weren't nearly so lucky.