Only in Florida

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
We had a 10 gauge back in the day. Shot it once, that was enough. Hunting Geese, that thing would reach out and bring them down.

But this shotgun is a beast, I wouldn't want to be on the business end of it.

kv

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
We used pump shotguns on the ships security team, my favorite weapon. You don't feel the kick or hear the sound when the fear level is high.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I didn't know this was an punishable offense.

I'm in trouble with both my wife and my daughter -- multiple counts each.

I wonder what the statute of limitations is on this.
Now let's think about this a little.
"Deputies from the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office arrested Joseph Jean Sireci, 47, on August 15 after responding to a domestic disturbance call. The report was made by a woman who claims she returned home to find her live-in boyfriend, Sireci, intoxicated on the floor of their living room".
What immediately comes to mind here is:
Let sleeping dogs lie, which acquaints to avoid interfering in a situation that is currently causing no problems but might do so as a result of such interference. Odds are she just had to provoke him and provoking a drunk is an unwise decision to begin with. Had she just left him alone and displayed a little tolerance he likely would have just fallen asleep or been a happy drunk. Poking a hornets nest also comes to mind.

Ron

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Now let's think about this a little.
"Deputies from the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office arrested Joseph Jean Sireci, 47, on August 15 after responding to a domestic disturbance call. The report was made by a woman who claims she returned home to find her live-in boyfriend, Sireci, intoxicated on the floor of their living room".
What immediately comes to mind here is:
Let sleeping dogs lie, which acquaints to avoid interfering in a situation that is currently causing no problems but might do so as a result of such interference. Odds are she just had to provoke him and provoking a drunk is an unwise decision to begin with. Had she just left him alone and displayed a little tolerance he likely would have just fallen asleep or been a happy drunk. Poking a hornets nest also comes to mind.

Ron
Don't overthink this. I was LOLing over the headline.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
https://www.navytimes.com/off-duty/...da-and-beating-each-other-up-because-why-not/

Drunken British sailors are invading Florida and beating each other up, because why not?
ROFLMAO... :):D:D:D:D

What would a Florida-based story be, after all, without at least one person necessitating a tasing?
“They tipped a little under 10 percent," Haleigh Snow, manager at Poe’s Tavern in Atlantic Beach, told the Times-Union. “I don’t think they knew they were doing anything wrong.”

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
https://www.navytimes.com/off-duty/...da-and-beating-each-other-up-because-why-not/

Drunken British sailors are invading Florida and beating each other up, because why not?
I hope who wrote this tried to be funny or sound smart:

This often manifests through booze-fueled skirmishes or other shenanigans when personnel find themselves liberated from the bowels of a floating prison and once more on the familiar environs of dry land. It’s practically tradition, and the Brits dared not break from it.
Floating prison? Ridiculous; better you do not enlist. It is that simple.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010