MAX8815 DC to DC step up converter circuit

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Hey, I have a question regarding a schematic I made, which doesn't work. Maybe someone could help me out. I tried to make a board which would take a 1.5V Battery and turn it into 5V. I used this IC: https://www.mouser.de/datasheet/2/256/MAX8815A-1516131.pdf
I oriented myself with the schematic (1a) on page 9. And so my schematic looks like the attached schematic. And on the board I pulled the ON pin to ground.

The problem is, that I don't read the desired 5V output at the V_OUT pin. In fact it outputs nothing really. The reading is the same, wether or not the board is connected.
My worry is that in the datasheet it says "9, 10" for POUT (the circuit from the datasheet is attached). I assumed I can just connect these two lines. I don't know if that assumption is right after all.

And as a note, that is my first schematic/board I ever made. So it could be a completely noobish mistake

Thanks You

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi 8d,
Welcome to AAC.
Is it wired as per this datasheet example.?
Post a clear photo of the project we can then check your connections.
E
AAA 447 19.43.gif

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Hey, thanks for the quick replies. I attached my board, so you can see my wiring.

I will try to put ON high, thanks for the catch.

Attachments

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Ok I tested it with ON connected to my 1.5V battery. Now the output reads 1.3V with the Battery at 1.6V. Still not the 5V :/

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
nevermind, I just checked the connections I had. and one got loose and didn't connect. I got the 5V now. I guess it's solved, thanks very much :D