LTSpice Simulation will not show the desired result

judemanu

Joined Mar 3, 2020
Hello,

I can't seem to see why the R7 resistor is not showing a current. I've redone the circuit three times and I'm still not getting any result. Is it something to do with the program? I've attached the LTspice file, the circuit diagram, and my simulation results. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks.

I've replaced the LDR and Buzzer with 1000 ohm resistors.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hello,

I can't seem to see why the R7 resistor is not showing a current. I've redone the circuit three times and I'm still not getting any result. Is it something to do with the program? I've attached the LTspice file, the circuit diagram, and my simulation results. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks.

I've replaced the LDR and Buzzer with 1000 ohm resistors.
I opened your .asc file but it looks very different than the image. Did you attach the right file?

judemanu

Joined Mar 3, 2020
I opened your .asc file but it looks very different than the image. Did you attach the right file?
Sorry yes, it is the correct file. It does not seem that way because of the way the wires are configured. I tried to keep it as simple as possible. The LTSpice 555 timer is not configured the same as the 555 timer on the image.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Sorry yes, it is the correct file. It does not seem that way because of the way the wires are configured. I tried to keep it as simple as possible. The LTSpice 555 timer is not configured the same as the 555 timer on the image.
I was referring to your screen capture of the LTspice simulation. That's not what I see when I open your file.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 11.32.34 AM.png

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
oh, wow. That is not what I get when I open my file. I've opened it on my other computer and I'm still not getting that. The circuit on my screen capture is the one I'm getting.
Odd. It's not unusual to encounter trouble with project portability but this one is odd. LTspice would normally throw up alerts if there was a problem but I didn't get anything. We'll see what other folks see.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hello,

Yes I do. I connected everything just like it was in the circuit diagram. I did not know I was not supposed to connect it that way. How do I fix this?
Look for the pink dots. That's where connections are made. Two lines intersecting without a pink dot are NOT connected.

judemanu

Joined Mar 3, 2020
I now see that the reset output was supposed to be connected by itself to the positive rail, but all resistors are still showing no current (or voltage)

@wayneh I'm not sure what pink dots you are referring too. I don't think I've seen those on this program.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Facepalm moment - I was looking at the wrong file. Your's is fine. I've made a couple changes. It's still not working but is closer.

The pink dots are in the schematic picture you attached (not the sim).

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.52.18 PM.png

Attachments

judemanu

Joined Mar 3, 2020
Facepalm moment - I was looking at the wrong file. Your's is fine. I've made a couple changes. It's still not working but is closer.

The pink dots are in the schematic picture you attached (not the sim).

View attachment 201916
Thank you very much. I really appreciate you trying! I put a value of 0.7 for the diode. I'm still trying to figure out why there's no current at the 100 and 1000 resistors. Still haven't reached a conclusion.

judemanu

Joined Mar 3, 2020
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 2.26.05 PM.png

I just wanted to attach this image just to show that the circuit diagram does result in a completed circuit (The red LED is on, next to the buzzer at the top of the breadboard). It just seems that this simulation on LTSpice doesn't want to work.