R0UGHR1D3R

Joined Jul 14, 2020
Hello everyone, i have these two school projects and i tried my best to simulate them in Proteus, and so far no desired output :(
Can you pls help me fix the issues they might have?
First project is about making a two-digit binary adder and subtractor with seven segment display by using full adders.
And the second project is about making a two digit bcd up counter by D flip flops.

So I'll upload the Proteus files here, any help is appreciated.
Thanks to AAC

P.s: I used 7447 as bcd decoder for seven segment display and 74185 to convert binary to bcd in both projects.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You have not shown us any work so far. Without a starting point or some knowledge about what you know and don't know it is hard to see how we can help.

R0UGHR1D3R

Joined Jul 14, 2020
so
You have not shown us any work so far. Without a starting point or some knowledge about what you know and don't know it is hard to see how we can help.
thank you for your fast reply :)
sorry for that, i thought i've attached the files earlier but looks like it had a forbidden format !!!
so here it is, note that it's the second circuit i talked about, and i've noticed there's something wrong with 74185's output in both projects...

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Oh, not really TBH
Can you explain pls?!
That isn't the way it works in Homework Help.

You need to show your work/give your explanation before members can give guidance.

It would be helpful if you posted the complete text for the problem so we can see what you're supposed to design.

R0UGHR1D3R

Joined Jul 14, 2020
That isn't the way it works in Homework Help.

You need to show your work/give your explanation before members can give guidance.

It would be helpful if you posted the complete text for the problem so we can see what you're supposed to design.
Ok
So the problem is to design a 2 digit BCD up-counter using DFFs and showing the result with two 7 segments.
As you may be able to see, im new in here, so forgive me for my faults, and thank you for mentioning them :)
Anything else you wanna know?

R0UGHR1D3R

Joined Jul 14, 2020
Does it say whether the design should be synchronous or asynchronous? What are you currently learning in that class?
It should be synchronous
I'm done learning btw, it's just a final project to make sure I'm ready to pass the course

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It should be synchronous
I'm done learning btw, it's just a final project to make sure I'm ready to pass the course
Why did you design asynchronous counters?

Design the counters and post your work if you're still having problems. It shouldn't take long to do it.

Seems like a pretty low bar to pass a class. What is the name of the class, what level is it, and which school?

R0UGHR1D3R

Joined Jul 14, 2020
Why did you design asynchronous counters?

Design the counters and post your work if you're still having problems. It shouldn't take long to do it.

Seems like a pretty low bar to pass a class. What is the name of the class, what level is it, and which school?
Oh wow, now i see the problem!

I'm a freshman in biomedical engineering, and this is my first experience of using Proteus and electronics for some non-theory project.
The course is called "digital systems"

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I'm a freshman in biomedical engineering
OK, so it's not part of your major. But, telling us what you've been studying in the class would help.

Some courses require students to design a binary to BCD converter and the ones who come here for help struggle with it. Once you've been through the design process, it's not a very difficult problem.

74185 (and 74184) were implemented by National Semiconductor, TI, and possibly others as a look up table using a 256 bit ROM.

Post your design work and members can give you guidance.

R0UGHR1D3R

Joined Jul 14, 2020
OK, so it's not part of your major. But, telling us what you've been studying in the class would help.

Some courses require students to design a binary to BCD converter and the ones who come here for help struggle with it. Once you've been through the design process, it's not a very difficult problem.

74185 (and 74184) were implemented by National Semiconductor, TI, and possibly others as a look up table using a 256 bit ROM.

Post your design work and members can give you guidance.
Ok, I'll do ASAP

But I have one more question now
I already have the circuit to convert binary to BCD with primary logic gates, but i was looking for an IC, to save me some space.

I don't really know what is the next level, i mean if my professor tells me to make a real board with this design after all, it will lead me to some whole new problems and then, I'll surely need to save space.

So ain't there a binary to BCD working IC out there?