Blog entries by takao21203

Unfortunately in 2019 I decided to end selling on ebay. There is many reasons to that. I have left all my electronics things in the UK. Now only recently I started over again from zero, bought a soldering station and some parts. I have a new project. a 7segment LCD glass controlled by a...
this circuit has elements from a Joule thief (blocking oscillator) and a Tesla coil. It doesnt need a resistor like a Joule Thief or capacitors, and has push button start. It can generate high voltage! One end of the secondary winding is left open. As you see the circuit drives a LED chain...
This time I use a small SMPS Transformer, you can also buy a kit for this circuit, including battery holder, a battery, LEDs, a transformer, a proto board, and all required components. you can find it on my ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/pic-hitechworld The way of using the 3 transformer...
I like these circuits somehow, and build new ones regularily. Also I have 3 component kits on offer already, a new one coming up soon, with a moderate to high grade of difficulty. This time, you have to open small old potcore transformer cans, unwind them, and rewind again. The ferrite is also...
...on breadboard! Also I added another circuit to blink a LED just by exploiting CE breakdown of a transistor. It does work but needs considerably high voltage. All together, this LED blink circuit is not very effective, but it's different than these well known multivibrator circuits, and it...
These displays are available for only $14.98 Discount available if you buy more than one. If you are interested, I can assemble the PCBs, and put them on eBay for your purchase. Simply pay with paypal, and the transaction is recorded with ebay. 3-wire serial interface low voltage operation...
Now you can even buy korean noodles from my ebay if you really wanted to. It is more expensive than buying them in a local shop- but maybe there is no local shop with korean noodles on offer. http://www.ebay.com/sch/pic_hitechworld/m.html For electroics project updates, visit my blog...
takao21203
Views
Reaction score
http://aranna.altervista.org I will add more content soon such as various old C compilers, and ebooks about Windows programming. These ebooks are from dated books which are no longer sold and no longer relevant for mainstream commercial programming. These downloads are designed to use...
It stopped spinning some weeks ago. The PSU turned very hot. A lot of dust had accumulated! But the fan did not spin anymore at all. I had an idea! Maybe dust would have made it's way between the magnet and the coils. I tried to pour some white spirit into the fan, and soon, the fan again...
I have finally built an FM transmitter. Previsouly I have built an AM transmitter but it never worked right, only very short distance. http://cappels.org/dproj/FMXMTR/fmxmtr.htm The design is somehow finicky, and does not work like shown. Adjustable resistor for the 330 Ohms, and 1K Ohms are...
I have actually built a display drive circuit, using 74hc595 serial buffers, and 5x digital MOSFETs. Most of the electrical connections are now made. A 12 MHz crystal was added! There is very little space remaining on the board. The 18f13k50 only has 8K memory (4096 program words). Normally...
takao21203
Views
Comments
I made this working a while ago, using source code included with the USB stack. However, in the meanwhile, I reinstalled Windows, and changed to MPLAB X. I spent the whole morning trying to compile it using XC8. Many different errors, and many problems with directories. Finally I downloaded...
takao21203
Views
Comments
I have built scrolling message more than a year ago, based on 16F1824, and assembler language. However it is not easy to maintain or to modify this program. It is not possible (for me) to program scrolling message on the 16F57 (in assembler). I have done it in C language! About 80% of the...
takao21203
Views
Comments
Actually I have seen this many times on public forums. There is information that LED resistors must be used. Otherwise, the LEDs will simply burn out, as well the microcontroller will take damage. I have found these informations to be largely untrue. Various explanation can be found among the...
Somehow getting there... After the string table addressing mode was understood, it only took one hour to let a text message skip through character by character. Some while ago I wrote a scrolling algorithm using assembler, and this took me quite a long while. As well it is stretching over...
All the character data can now be read correctly. It is written to the SRAM, read back and displayed. I made A-Z rolling through today. About 1K from 2K codespace is used right now. Here for instance some code that is used to roll through the alphabet. Imagine if this would be...
I have started with this circuit some months ago, originally intended to use a second controller + serial connection. It is too difficult to program scrolling message in assembler on the 16f59- only 2 stacks, and complicate banking scheme (small 16 byte banks). However, I have rewritten the...
Two of my current projects are based on 18F PIC (18f24j10). 1: TFT color LCD, 50 Mhz, 512K FLASH. I had the idea to use infrared remote control as a means of keys input. There are many different protocols somehow. However it is possible to extract the bitstream, and display a sequence of...
Well simply put, developement is not always easy, sometimes I am stuck with software, sometimes I had enough of soldering wires, and it happens that I have to search for a component. Currently I am working at a small 1.8" TFT LCD circuit, I use PIC 18f24j10, not that it would be particulary...