Categories

Unlike most entries in this blog, I have not actually purchased or received the products mentioned. The purpose of this post is to give you a heads up on a Wi-Fi standard that was promulgated in 2017 and is now at the point of becoming a commodity item with some great potential. I will be...
Ya’akov
Views
Reaction score
This is a small deviation from the usual format since the tools and consumables I‘m going to discuss in this Mailbag are from Amazon, and not electronic “mystery meat”. These are well known and so many of you will already be using them. I recently bought a couple of new tools and the supplies...
ballsystemlord
Views
Reaction score
I was reading about magnet wire for purchase and came upon references to a Japanese standard among several of the listings. I found the Japanese spec and downloaded it. I realized it was in Japanese and there was no English translation so translated it using a website, hand fixed all the...
Ya’akov
Views
Reaction score
This is a heads up concerning an upcoming post, currently in progress, about what may well be the long sought after HPS (Human Presence Sensor) so important to many IoT, and other, projects. I want to let you know about this before writing it up extensively because it is very impressive and can...
MrChips
Views
MSP430 LCD interface via 2-wire I2C This is an addition to the LCD example posted before: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/ubs/msp430-lcd-example.568/ Background The 16-character, 2-line character display LCD1602 is very popular and readily available from multiple sources. The display...
Ya’akov
Views
Reaction score
This is the first post in a series on soldering for the neophyte and the perpetual learner. I would be very grateful for feedback on this series of any kind that you find relevant and particularly on factual errors, omissions, and unclear explanations. Bear in mind that many very relevant things...
Ya’akov
Views
Reaction score
If anyone is following this blog as it develops I wanted to ensure you that more content is on the way. Local traffic here has consumed most of my bandwidth but there are things queued up. In fact, I really need to get some things out of the queue because it will soon overflow. I have 4 types...
kilomotor
Views
Reaction score
Some additional information about the protocol for the Proform exercise bike. Bytes that change the incline on the proform bike. All incline change commands have a common number of bytes. Only bytes 12-15 change. Common command: BA, B4, B1, B0, B6, B0, B0, B0, B1, B0, B0, Byte12, Byte13...
It’s been a busy season around here. With birthdays, holidays, and less happy things taking more time than expected. Because of it, I am way behind on my posts here. That being the case, I have an overflowing queue of things awaiting their write-ups. So, I am turning to you, to see if there is...
Ya’akov
Views
Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE THE TAB ABOVE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS ARE ENCOURAGED                                       AT A GLANCE… Product:  2.58—6V@1.5A max CC LED Driver Module Price:   ~2.10 USD / ea. qty: 10   including shipping (2022-09-12) Rating:  5/5             pending revision based on lifespan...
This is the first in what I hope to be a series of concise posts on useful items I have found from online sources. I would appreciate feedback on the format and content. Please let me know if you find this sort of thing useful. Suggestions on improvements are very welcome. At a glance…...
The following is the second page listing my articles on AAC. In addition to technical articles, news pieces that might have useful technical information are also included. You can find the first page here. VHDL Basics Better Know a Hardware Description Language: Getting Started with VHDL for...
What are the characteristics that make a good electron tube? I understand that the purpose of an "electron tube" is to act as an amplifier or an electronic switching component for high power systems, but what is the ideal composition of one? Schematically they are comprised of a cathode, a grid...
Since the site rejected my disclosure of that explanation of an innovative approach to energy conservation; I won't use this site for any purposes other than the usual SCOTUS.
MrChips
Views
Index of MSP430 Launchpad programming examples in C. Introduction to C language programming using IAR Embedded Workbench IDE. Includes LED flashing, GPIO, Timer module, interrupts, 7-segment LED displays, LCD, UART, ADC, IR decoder and more. MSP430 Tutorial - Index #1 MSP430 Tutorial - Getting...
Audio is mechanical in nature, not electromagnetic. Cheers, DPW [ Spent years making heaters out of Op-Amps.]
Harsh Chittora 1
Views
Updated
Most systems today involve both analog and digital components, and digital components in a lot of cases would be communicating with each other via some form of serial communication interface (I2C, UART, SPI or any other). In such a scenario it might be useful to have a way to simulate these...
Unfortunately in 2019 I decided to end selling on ebay. There is many reasons to that. I have left all my electronics things in the UK. Now only recently I started over again from zero, bought a soldering station and some parts. I have a new project. a 7segment LCD glass controlled by a...
corychu
Views
This tutorial is originally posted on https://blog.gwlab.page/making-printed-circuit-board-pcb-e222952864d5 PCB design This is a Printed Circuit Board (PCB): A Printed Circuit Board (PCB) In this article, I will give you some basic ideas about how to make a PCB. A PCB usually contains...