Categories

SAM-Mo
Views
Whenever you hear the transformerless supply term, you initially imagine the capacitor-based solution, which means a high voltage capacitor in series with the mains line, then a bridge rectifier, a Zener diode, a filtering capacitor, and so on. Such a circuit is not just able to deliver...
SAM-Mo
Views
An ultrasonic range finder is a useful tool in a variety of real-life and robotic applications, such as in obstacle avoidance and distance measurement systems. The ultrasonic range finder measures the distance by emitting a 40KHz pulse of ultrasonic sound that travels through the air until it...
What are the characteristics that make a good electron tube? I understand that the purpose of an "electron tube" is to act as an amplifier or an electronic switching component for high power systems, but what is the ideal composition of one? Schematically they are comprised of a cathode, a grid...
Since the site rejected my disclosure of that explanation of an innovative approach to energy conservation; I won't use this site for any purposes other than the usual SCOTUS.
SAM-Mo
Views
Nowadays, Lithium batteries are used extensively in portable devices, such as cellphones, laptop computers, electronic gadgets, … etc. There is a standard industry-defined procedure (cycle) for charging the lithium-ion/lithium-polymer batteries, otherwise, the lifetime of the batteries is...
MrChips
Views
Index of MSP430 Launchpad programming examples in C. Introduction to C language programming using IAR Embedded Workbench IDE. Includes LED flashing, GPIO, Timer module, interrupts, 7-segment LED displays, LCD, UART, ADC, IR decoder and more. MSP430 Tutorial - Index #1 MSP430 Tutorial - Getting...
on going...
SAM-Mo
Views
The high temperature of the power components is a known phenomenon in electronics. To overcome this challenge, the designers mount heatsinks on the components to dissipate the heat, however, in many commercial and home appliance devices, the embedded heatsink is not adequate and the air must be...
SAM-Mo
Views
DC to DC buck converter is a famous topology in the electronic and a widely used circuit in electronic devices. A buck converter steps down the input voltage while it increases the output current. In this article/video, I have discussed a DC to DC buck converter that can be used effectively as a...
SAM-Mo
Views
Many electronic beginners are afraid of designing SMD boards and just stick to through-hole and dip components. The reason for this could be using the wrong electronic designing CAD software. This video intends to handle you a complete, although a simple example of a project using both SMD and...
SAM-Mo
Views
DC to DC converters are quite popular among electronic enthusiasts and are widely used within the industry. There are three major types of non-isolated DC to DC converters: buck, boost, and buck-boost. In this article/video, I used there major components such as the famous UC3843 chip, a power...
Audio is mechanical in nature, not electromagnetic. Cheers, DPW [ Spent years making heaters out of Op-Amps.]
SAM-Mo
Views
Infrared remote controllers are everywhere around us. The majority of home appliances are controlled using infrared remote controls. In this article/video, we learn to build a device that can decode (almost) any IR remote control and use the instructions to switch the relays (loads). So we can...
Harsh Chittora 1
Views
Updated
Most systems today involve both analog and digital components, and digital components in a lot of cases would be communicating with each other via some form of serial communication interface (I2C, UART, SPI or any other). In such a scenario it might be useful to have a way to simulate these...
Unfortunately in 2019 I decided to end selling on ebay. There is many reasons to that. I have left all my electronics things in the UK. Now only recently I started over again from zero, bought a soldering station and some parts. I have a new project. a 7segment LCD glass controlled by a...
corychu
Views
This tutorial is originally posted on https://blog.gwlab.page/making-printed-circuit-board-pcb-e222952864d5 PCB design This is a Printed Circuit Board (PCB): A Printed Circuit Board (PCB) In this article, I will give you some basic ideas about how to make a PCB. A PCB usually contains...
SAM-Mo
Views
Nowadays USB port is used widely for data transactions between electronic devices and computers. In many scenarios, there is no need to communicate with the USB port directly, therefore electronic designers use USB to UART (RS232-Serial) converter chips, so the USB port is converted to a virtual...