What SMD component is this?

Marky G

Joined Apr 15, 2021
This is from an adblue ecu circuit for Citroen/ Peugeot cars. I need help identifying these components. Thanks for all your replies!

The first one has 3 pins with the letters CG and a Y that's horizontal (on another board it shows CG with a U that's horizontal).

The second one that's highlighted in yellow look like SMD capacitors or varistors and don't have any markings on them. How do I know the part number for these?

Attachments

Well, if you can desolder them,
try finding a cheap transistor tester( like this one:https://www.amazon.com/Transistor-T...words=transistor+tester&qid=1618549040&sr=8-6)
and use it to test the component.
In my opinion, this is a great way.

P.S: If you're talking about the 3 pin components they look like transistors to me and the second image components look like capacitors only. but better be sure use the tester.

Hope this works-
Selva Pranav

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
CG can point to multiple devices but is probably BCX71GR (PNP transistor). Check polarity with multimeter. Another components are capacitors, you can measure their capacity but voltage rating may be between 10V-100V.

Jaskolski

Joined Apr 16, 2021
Make sure the measurement is precise, or measure across multiple pins and divide by the number of pins to get the pin pitch. Step 2) Identify all markings on the top of the component. These markings include: Manufacturer Logo and\or SMT code. If you are unsure of character differences, make sure these are noted.

Kroger ESS Schedule

Marky G

Joined Apr 15, 2021
The bottom left pins of both 3 pin smds are connected to ground while the right 2 pins feed to a micro-controller (MCU) that operates the relay to turn on the pumps and the top single pin seems to be for positive input voltage detection. I'm not sure if it is a voltage detector IC BD48K57G, a PNP transistor or a Schottky diode. There is another SMD with code WV3 which is a Schottky diode but that has postive on the single pin anode and outputs positive on the 2 cathodes that send signal to the MCU and there is a 2N7002 Mosfet to turn on the relay but I'm struggling to identify this CG code. I read somewhere that it could be used as a reset for the MCU. I suppose the markings are vague and not having a manufacturer logo just makes it harder.

I might just buy that transistor tester recommended to save me time.

Many thanks to those who've responded so far

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
If this is a Schottky diode then the left diode is connected to ground for shorting reverse pulses and the right diode is for feeding positive pulses to MCU. That makes sense.