Using potentiometer to adjust volume on usb speaker

Djzlazy

Joined Mar 20, 2021
Like I said earlier the L-Pad is the best solution.
Do you want full control of the volume or do you just need a way to partially turned down the volume?
Full control of volume. If I were to use L-Pad, what on the usb speaker board would I solder to the L-Pad for proper input from both L/R audio out for +/-?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
My small handheld speakers sound fairly good.
Why is that tiny speaker stereo with 2 tiny speakers instead of one larger mono speaker that will sound much better? The enclosure will be the same small size.

The tiny speakers are too close together to produce stereo sounds.
There is a huge difference between "terrible sound" and "not bad sound".

Djzlazy

Joined Mar 20, 2021
Stupid question but I'm guessing I would need two L-pads if I want stereo?
Also, starting to think that I might just sacrifice the stereo audio and use only one of the two speakers and change the retropie settings on my raspberry pi to do mono sound I guess.

sghioto, you're a saint dude. I really appreciate you takin the time to help me out. This has been a dreamed project since I was young lol

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I have never seen a stereo L-Pad. Usually only one speaker channel is connected to an L-pad.
An L-Pad is fairly large so that it can dissipate the heat of many Watts of audio power.

The speaker board has +R and -R and +L and -L outputs. The L-pads have the same inputs.

Djzlazy

Joined Mar 20, 2021
My small handheld speakers sound fairly good.
Why is that tiny speaker stereo with 2 tiny speakers instead of one larger mono speaker that will sound much better? The enclosure will be the same small size.

The tiny speakers are too close together to produce stereo sounds.
There is a huge difference between "terrible sound" and "not bad sound".
Yeah the enclosure will be small but it's going to be significantly bigger than it's original housing. And I'm going to extend the speakers out to the L/R side of the handheld and not keep them close together. As this is the reason I got this type of speaker. I would've gotten one speaker if I wanted mono sound. I get what you're saying bro. But I just need someone to help me figure out how to wire it and what could possibly be used to do so. That's it. I can see the reviews myself homie. And trust me I get that as well. But that's not why I'm here

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Do you think they even have L-pads small enough and work with the 4ohm 3 w speakers? Cuz I'm wanting it as small as possible
I don't know of anything less than 15W with a 1" shaft and most if not all are 8Ω. I would pursue a different way to do it. Did you say this speaker is connected via bluetooth?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Have you looked at the other side of the board to see if you can get to the low level audio and insert a volume control there. You will probably have to look for the datasheets on the ICs used. Posting a picture of the component side of the board that is clear enough to read the part numbers on the ICs may help with a solution.

Les.