Stepper Motor not get enough power

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
Dear readers,
I followed this code at here and built its circuit. However, the stepper motor does not get enough power or even torque or speed so that when I can stop the wheels easily by slightly touching them? Are there any solutions for this? I have checked that my battery are all fully-charged and powerful. I have followed the specs of the stepper motor which is 12V :)

1648628300095.png

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You appear to be taking power from only two of the battery cells in series. Is that correct?
Without the USB cable plugged into the PC, where does the UNO get its supply?
What are the specs of the motor-driver module and the motor itself?
Which input pins of that module are being used?
Which pins of the UNO do what?
What are the cell voltages?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
How much power do you think you can push through tiny wires? Motors run on current and the faster they go the less torque they have available. Time to up your game.

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
You appear to be taking power from only two of the battery cells in series. Is that correct?
Without the USB cable plugged into the PC, where does the UNO get its supply?
What are the specs of the motor-driver module and the motor itself?
Which input pins of that module are being used?
Which pins of the UNO do what?
What are the cell voltages?
Sir, its 3 cells which is 12.6V altogether just that you cant see because it overlaps and I have plugged in USB cable just that I have removed it. All the codes are from the author in the Youtube that I posted and I just follow. :)

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Sir, its 3 cells which is 12.6V altogether just that you cant see because it overlaps and I have plugged in USB cable just that I have removed it. All the codes are from the author in the Youtube that I posted and I just follow. :)
The terminal voltage of an 18650 is 3.7V, not 4.2. They are charged to 4.2 but under load and when they begin to discharge they only provide 3.7V.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The terminal voltage of an 18650 is 3.7V, not 4.2. They are charged to 4.2 but under load and when they begin to discharge they only provide 3.7V.
The motor should still run, being it is a 5V motor. But it may not have enough amperage from the batteries used.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I agree that current is probably the issue but I read this:

MrsssSu said:

I have followed the specs of the stepper motor which is 12V
I think he meant that he got that voltage from Youtube. And stepper motors for the nest performance should always be run with at least double the name plate voltage if not more. It is the amperage that can't be over the nameplate spec, not voltage.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
the wires from batteries should go directly to motor driver, without those flimsy splices. each splice increases resistance, limits current and it is a possible problem. there is no reason to make battery connection go to Arduino first and then via another jumper to motor driver.

Last edited: