Someone help about transformator

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
Oh i just discoverd something.I was looking on the fm radio board and noticed two burnt ressistors and they are in series with the output of the two blue wires on the transformer so can that be why the transformer failed?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Yes i know but i realy want to get it back running beacose is a old thing that it is not produced anymore
It's possible. A power transformer shouldn't be hard to find and the audio chip is still available.
I was looking on the fm radio board and noticed two burnt ressistors and they are in series with the output of the two blue wires on the transformer so can that be why the transformer failed?
Usually you don't see resistors in series with transformer leads. The resistors could have been underrated for wattage and over time are showing the result. Hard to tell with out schematic. What is connected after the resistors?
EDIT: The resistors may connect to lamps.
SG

Last edited:

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
It's possible. A power transformer shouldn't be hard to find and the audio chip is still available.

Usually you don't see resistors in series with transformer leads. The resistors could have been underrated for wattage and over time are showing the result. Hard to tell with out schematic. What is connected after the resistors?
EDIT: The resistors may connect to lamps.
SG
I don't know i will need to see
And there are no lamps on the thing and when i hook power to that circuit the resistor is smoking and i mesured the voltage accros and it was 6 volts and i puted 15 vdc on the main input

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
i puted 15 vdc on the main input
Oops. Be careful. The other secondaries (two blues) may have been 5 volts connected to that part of the circuit. Be careful not to over voltage the circuits or you could end up with a pile of scrap on your workbench.

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
Oops. Be careful. The other secondaries (two blues) may have been 5 volts connected to that part of the circuit. Be careful not to over voltage the circuits or you could end up with a pile of scrap on your workbench.
I know but the ressistor was burnt before i hook my 15 vac