show your picture,one by one

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
Nothing in 2049, but 2055 is fine.
I just checked again and my phone is still warning me about the certificates, but Firefox on my desktop isn't showing me any images for 2049, not even warnings.
 

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
23,006
Hello Geo,

I can see the images in 2055, but not in 2049, in firefox on linux.
I can see all in Opera on linux.
I can see all in Konquerer on linux, but get error messages about certificates for each image in post 2049.

Bertus
 
Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
I don't think it's a problem on your end, Geo, nor with the site. I can see both sets just fine. The issue must lie with the computers of the people who are unable to see them.
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
The site on which the images are hosted uses an https protocol. Maybe some devices aren't able to pull and display them.

nerdegutta said:
Not in #2049, but in #2055 are good.

The IC, is it a 555 or an uC?
It's a PICAXE 08M2. I had ordered 5 of them and I use them when I can. I like the small size and the ease of the basic. I know I could do it without the PICAXE bootloader but I don't want to learn PIC C right now.
It's has only 7 lines of code in it!
Don't find it smart using a 555 with the needed resistors when only a 8-pin DIP with a single, random resistor can do the job.
 

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
The site on which the images are hosted uses an https protocol. Maybe some devices aren't able to pull and display them.


It's a PICAXE 08M2. I had ordered 5 of them and I use them when I can. I like the small size and the ease of the basic. I know I could do it without the PICAXE bootloader but I don't want to learn PIC C right now.
It's has only 7 lines of code in it!
Don't find it smart using a 555 with the needed resistors when only a 8-pin DIP with a single, random resistor can do the job.
Right now I'm playing with the PICAXE myself...
I tried to view the page with post #2049 with Rekonq on Kubuntu 12.10. I got an error message claiming some authentication/certificate issues from forum.eleclub.gr...
 

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
35,184
Nice comic Nergegutta.

Only problem is that I can see myself doing that. As one with a severe loss of HF, it is comical to listen to me repeat the words the audiologist says during one test. It definately reminds me of that cartoon.

My wife says something and I'm thinking "what in the hell is she talking about" When I ask here, she clarifies, or if she doesn't and I respond ... she thinks "what in the hell is he talking about."

Here's my 1994 audiometer tests ... and the current state is much worse.
Shucks, I'm sure you can hear a lot better than me. My left hearing is -40dB at 500Hz and rapidly falls off to -60dB at 4kHz.

My right ear is much worse, practically deaf at -70dB at 1000Hz.

I wear hearing aids in both ears. Hearing aid technology has come a long way, using DSP and bluetooth. But I will prepare you for the shock, they are very expensive, $2000 each!

Even with the hearing aids, I hear the wrong things and always miss out on the punch line!
 

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
The site on which the images are hosted uses an https protocol. Maybe some devices aren't able to pull and display them.


It's a PICAXE 08M2. I had ordered 5 of them and I use them when I can. I like the small size and the ease of the basic. I know I could do it without the PICAXE bootloader but I don't want to learn PIC C right now.
It's has only 7 lines of code in it!
Don't find it smart using a 555 with the needed resistors when only a 8-pin DIP with a single, random resistor can do the job.
You complained about the woodwork. I thought it looked good.

Does the finger actually move the toggle switch? I think I would have done it with a push button so you don't need to line up the finger so closely. Just have it appear to push the button.

Why don't you post this in completed projects? I might build one if I can get someone to help me with the woodwork.
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
The whole point of the contraption is to undo your action. That action is the toggle of the switch, so that can't be taken out. And since I have the switch toggled back by the finger, why not use it as position feedback?

I don't want to post it in the completed projects because there already is a very extensive guide on instructables.com, the idea wasn't mine and it's pretty exhausted as a build too.
 

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
3,944
The whole point of the contraption is to undo your action. That action is the toggle of the switch, so that can't be taken out. And since I have the switch toggled back by the finger, why not use it as position feedback?

I don't want to post it in the completed projects because there already is a very extensive guide on instructables.com, the idea wasn't mine and it's pretty exhausted as a build too.
Care to share the PICAXE code?
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
Sure! But I don't have it with me. I 'll post it once I get back home on the 3rd of the month.

It's basically: Look at the switch. If it's on the one side, turn the servo far right. If it's on the other, turn it far left.
The end switch cuts the power off of the circuit to avoid power dissipation on idle mode.

I 'll even post a schematic if there is a demand for it.
 

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
Shucks, I'm sure you can hear a lot better than me. My left hearing is -40dB at 500Hz and rapidly falls off to -60dB at 4kHz.

My right ear is much worse, practically deaf at -70dB at 1000Hz.

I wear hearing aids in both ears. Hearing aid technology has come a long way, using DSP and bluetooth. But I will prepare you for the shock, they are very expensive, $2000 each!

Even with the hearing aids, I hear the wrong things and always miss out on the punch line!
That's just too bad. :(

Don't you play the guitar? How's that working out for you?
 

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
35,184
Not too bad. I play bass also so I can hear the notes well.
Sometimes I have to play guitar and I have to stand right next to someone playing an acoustic guitar who plays really loud which means I cannot hear what I am playing.
My hearing aid has a bluetooth feature where I can feed the signal from the guitar amp to the hearing aid via bluetooth. Helps a little but still not perfect.
 
Top