show your picture,one by one

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
Scored a free $12 "Artisan Chocolate Mint Mousse Cake" on Christmas eve. Someone dropped it upside down in the parking lot of Randalls and I guess their standards were too high to eat it in its disfigured state so they left it. Well my standards aren't that high, and we all know how much fat kids love cake...


It was delicious. I wonder if the purchaser just went home upset or if they went back inside and bought another one.
 

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
Scored a free $12 "Artisan Chocolate Mint Mousse Cake" on Christmas eve. Someone dropped it upside down in the parking lot of Randalls .
Yikes! What is your next step dumpster diving? :)

Did you see them drop it? I may have eaten it if I saw it dropped otherwise it would have stayed put.
 

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
Did you see them drop it? I may have eaten it if I saw it dropped otherwise it would have stayed put.
No, but I was only in the store for <5 minutes, and when I came out, it was right behind my car. It wasn't there when I went in, so I know how long it was there. It was still cold, a refrigerated cake. Good enough for me.

Yikes! What is your next step dumpster diving? :)
Dumpster diving isn't anything new to me. I've done it several times. Never for food, I wouldn't do that. I engaged in a 45 day dumpster diving campaign when I was in the Navy. I got in trouble and was sent to restriction (watered down jail) and was assigned to a team of other restrictees who were the clean-up crew for all the smoking areas of the base. We were never in any hurry, so I would dig through the trash bags at every smoke pit and pull out the Marlboro cigarette box. Back then they had the "Marlboro Miles" program, where you save the UPCs and send them in for prizes. I was collecting several hundred UPCs per day, and saved up enough to cash in for a pool table, or alternatively 2 each of everything else in the catalog. No room for the pool table, so I opted for the rest of the catalog.
 

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
There a new show on T.V. that says stantor is right to save money by using

food from dumpsers. These people become millionaires. The woman says

she pee's in a jar to save flushes of toilet. Reality T.V. anything goes.

Enjoy the cake the 5 second rule has been debunked too. Members what

money saving Idea's do you have, like eating dead fish.
 

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
3,944
My wife and I were on the way to the shooting range late one summer, and we met a pickup truck pulling a trailer loaded with watermelons. Just around the corner, we saw a watermelon on the railroad tracks. It was broken open, but not crushed, so we picked it up and took it with us. After shooting, we were hot and thirsty, so we ate the watermelon on the spot. To this day, I remember it as the best I ever had.
 

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
4,390
Nice comic Nergegutta.

Only problem is that I can see myself doing that. As one with a severe loss of HF, it is comical to listen to me repeat the words the audiologist says during one test. It definately reminds me of that cartoon.

My wife says something and I'm thinking "what in the hell is she talking about" When I ask here, she clarifies, or if she doesn't and I respond ... she thinks "what in the hell is he talking about."

Here's my 1994 audiometer tests ... and the current state is much worse.
 

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
Pictures and a video from my Christmas gift to my sister. Of course, I don't claim the idea, only the build.





And the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB-s4TNp7V0
(NeRadio.se plays on the background)

The woodwork is horrible, but I don't claim to be a carpenter. Especially the finger took me 3 hours to carve. But I 'm pleased with the electronics.

It's too fast. Is that just someones real finger with a hole in the table or is it an actual mechanical finger?

BTW You are in violation of the rules of this thread. It says "Show us your picture one by one". Not show us your video. Consider this a warning. :D
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
It's exactly the wooden finger on the servo that you see on the previous pictures. I like it fast. It's like the box saying "Don't mess with me, I don't have time for you".

BTW You are in violation of the rules of this thread. It says "Show us your picture one by one". Not show us your video. Consider this a warning. :D
Don't tempt me changing the thread title.
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
Again? They 're on the same post! What on earth is going on with my uploads? Can anyone else see them?

I 'll try to reupload them from a different source.
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
They 're directly pasted via the [image]https://...[/image] tags, provided by the post editor. The images are hosted on my forum.







Do you see them in this post now? They are hosted in AAC this time.
 

Attachments

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
When I checked the thread this morning, I got warnings about certificates not being valid so maybe the image links were automatically removed by the forum software.
 

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
My wife says something and I'm thinking "what in the hell is she talking about" When I ask here, she clarifies, or if she doesn't and I respond ... she thinks "what in the hell is he talking about."
My mum has a hearing aid, but she never use it. Dad is also starting to hear what he wants to hear, so it is more and more often they are having a conversation with different subjects.

Fortunately, they find out before it's too late, and they laugh about it afterwards.
 
Top