show your picture,one by one

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
I had a feeling it had to do with the big picture, but I still couldn't see it until I colored the "special" parts. I looked at the direction of the diodes and I just couldn't see it at first. I see it now--just one arrow showing emitted light, huh?

Thanks guys :D Good one!
 

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
434
I had a feeling it had to do with the big picture, but I still couldn't see it until I colored the "special" parts. I looked at the direction of the diodes and I just couldn't see it at first. I see it now--just one arrow showing emitted light, huh?

Thanks guys :D Good one!
I had to do the same thing. I am getting too old for these visual puzzles...:)
 

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
1,001
I used to know 15 years ago. I was born in 1957.

There is always the first number though.

And there is always one that is backwards.

However, I'll bet the one I was thinking of in 1997 is the one.
 

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
I'm back in my home town of Thetford, Vermont for the Christmas and Holiday season. Been able to enjoy some of the gorgeous views again. You really get to miss them when you live in the city for a while. Thought I'd post a few, just to share with you all.

This is a spot just down the road from me, on the Connecticut River. It's a campground-resort, great place to stay if you want to spend a weekend here:


This here's a common sight around my town. Got the old ranch-style house with the wooden fence out front. Lots of trees, often even great views of the not-so-distant mountains:


Here's a photo of my old high school. Founded in 1819, it's the oldest secondary school in the state:


And finally, a link to a bunch of aerial shots of my old high school and the surrounding towns and villages:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1317607

I've really grown to appreciate this place even more, since I moved to the city. I never realized how much I took the small-town atmosphere and gorgeous views for granted until I got back from Boston.

Hope you guys enjoyed the photos. Just another sneak-peak into my personal life ;)

--Matt
 

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
Nice pictures. Are they from this years autumn? You do have snow in the winter, right?
Those photos are a compilation, some from this year, some from last year, and some from even before that. We usually get quite a bit of snow (3-5 feet in a single storm), but we thankfully haven't gotten any yet. Mostly just frost so far.

...and this is why I want to go to Vermont....maybe I can convince the Mrs.....:D
Show her the pictures ;) It really is a great place. If you want to just spend a relaxing weekend here, I recommend early-to-mid October. That's when the leaves usually start to turn and the sights are just breathtaking. If you're into skiing or snowboarding, we have some spots further up north (not Thetford, but Vermont nonetheless) that are absolutely fantastic. May-August are excellent for boating, as well. We have several nearby lakes and ponds that have nice views. Really, no matter your interest, we've got something for you here ;)
 

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
3,534
Show her the pictures ;) It really is a great place. If you want to just spend a relaxing weekend here, I recommend early-to-mid October. That's when the leaves usually start to turn and the sights are just breathtaking. If you're into skiing or snowboarding, we have some spots further up north (not Thetford, but Vermont nonetheless) that are absolutely fantastic. May-August are excellent for boating, as well. We have several nearby lakes and ponds that have nice views. Really, no matter your interest, we've got something for you here ;)
October it is...

Man, these pictures look like postcards... are you sure you aren't in California and just picked up a few postcards from a 99 cent store in LA?
 

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
I'll still claim it's photoshopped....:p

I love living where I am, but Vermont is really looking to give it a run for the money. How much are houses out there?
It varies widely. Location, views, property size, and house style are all major factors. My home was worth in the ballpark of $197k at the end of 2008. Today, due to the current economy, etc, it's only worth about $160k.

Where are you currently at, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Oops, just saw your profile :p
 
Top