show your picture,one by one

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
I took integrated physics and chemistry. A class on lewis dot symbols, and how drop an egg from the bleachers and build a car from a mouse trap.
 

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
Last weekend I brought one competitor to a competition. Saturday it was light contact kickboxing and Sunday it was full contact.

On Saturday, she had fight number 3. It was a good fight, and she won by one hit... Next fight was number 42. After a long wait, it was finally her turn. Before round one started, we made a plan on what to do. She followed the plan, and won the gold medal.

Sunday it was full contact. There was no opponent in her weight class, but she said OK to meet a girl 5 Kg heavier. We made a new plan, and everything went as planned. This was her first fight as a senior, so she needed to prove for the judges that she is good enough. By doing that she gets a gold mark. She was more than good enough.

 

Attachments

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
What wattage and/or temperature iron where you using while soldering the SMDs?
I used a 25W, non temperature controlled iron. Probably partly explains why my boards are such a mess. I just recently tried solder paste and a hot plate and it's much easier and neater.

Darn, guess I should start posting pictures of my projects, huh? :p
Post away, I find it interesting to see what everyone is up to.
 

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
That little son of dot is a PIC. :eek:.

How the heck do u program them.
I do them in circuit once they have been soldered so my boards have 5 wires (clearest in middle picture). If I ever finish a project I trim them off.
You can also get an adapter that clamps around them to program the chip on it's own, but they aren't too cheap.
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
This is the latest board of my UAV controller:



The missing 8DIP is a PICAXE 8M02.

I test flied it today at a new location I found that air modelists use: Athens' old airport! All the space I ever wanted. I 'm never flying anywhere else!

I 'm still on development stage. I tested the level flight feature and the gains were too high. It tracked straight, but the oscillations were terrible.
 

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
Nice! I remember this one - from somewhere...

I'm curious, why the mix on 90° and 45° bends? Looks like you have enough board... Any particular reason?
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
Blame the autorouter. I don't care about the uniformity so much to change it manually.
If I recall correctly it was supposed to prioritize vertical tracks on the top layer and horizontal on the bottom, or vice versa. I don't remember changing any option for the corners.
I use Eagle 6.2.
 
Top