problems signing up

GM11

Joined Sep 8, 2013
Hi my son who is 13 and well known on another electronics forum, is dead keen on electronics, up until now I haven't allowed him to sign up here, now he is older I dont mind. He tried to register with his own email address and got a message saying multiple accounts not allowed, as he dosnt actually have an account here, i assume the software dosnt like the fact I have a account here, apart from him using my account (NOT A CHANCE!!!) is there anyway he can open his own account on here? I am sure a number of well known members here would vouch for him, he is known as Little Ghostman at the other place (ETO)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
All internet forum software treat the e-mail addresses of the users as unique credentials and for good reason.
This cannot be circumvented.

Since you have a registered account for yourself in AAC, there is no way to re-use the corresponding e-mail address for a new account (your son's). You must create and provide the site with a new e-mail address.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hello Jason, good to see you!

I can, indeed, vouch for LG. He's one of the few youngsters I know on these electronics forums who is actually eager to learn, and not just begging for answers. He's a bright kid and would love to have him here.

GM, is there any way he could create, for instance, a simple gmail account so that he can register here? I'm not sure why the site would prevent him from using his own address, but it might be worth just making another one. You can always set the new gmail account to automatically forward messages to his main email, if he doesn't want to have to worry about jumping between two different accounts.

Just a thought. Good luck!

Regards,
Matt

GM11

Joined Sep 8, 2013
Hi Matt.
He didnt get as far as the email stage, I figured it might IP, I will try again, he isnt allowed gmail just a email account on our server

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The same IP address would not be the greatest problem.
We have a lot of students that are using school computers with the same IP address.
We get a notification about the case a "multiple login" is made.

Is the username accepted by the system?
If an username already exists, you can not register.

Bertus

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@GM11,

I'm sorry for mis-reading your post. You asked for a totally different thing than what I replied.

Can you provide more details of the error? Maybe a printscreen of your registration procedure, with your selected password blacked out, of course.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi, its ok dad sorted it! for some reason it was objecting to firefox, so probably a cookie problem (dads words)I used chrome in the end and here I am :D
HI ALL
Get prepared for 1000000's of questions :D, I still post over there but dad has told me to keep my head down for a while
Welcome LG! It's great to have you here. I'm sure you'll find it very friendly and helpful :)

Best wishes,
Matt

Thanks Matt and happy new year!
my projects are getting pretty advanced despite my newb question in general electric just now :D.
Things are getting a bit strange over the other place so keeping out the way for a bit. Seems very friendly here

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Firefox is my default browser. Some email services do not like the way AAC sends out emails. I have had other users with the same problems, the required registration email went to some unknown bit bucket.

In this case the other users opened an email account with one of the many web based email services out there, and the problem was solved.

We have had a flurry of problems pop up on this site, but I don't think this is one of them. The fact your IP service does not allow other web email access makes me suspect your problem was indeed on your end, and makes me somewhat concerned what other problems might occur.

For example, it is an option with Firefox not to allow popups without approval. You may have to set the default to allow that on this site. We do not allow advertisements of any kind, and malware is not an issue here, though occasionally the short time the spammers posts are up there is a risk of clicking on something nasty. Generally they do not last long, we are very aggressive about keeping this site spam free and malware free.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Welcome to AAC, Little Ghostman.

Take a look around and see what you like.
Also, please spare a few minutes to read the Terms of Service of the forum. They are a bit different than ETO's.

Happy posting!

Thanks everyone, We have had alot of problems with firefox, mainly it boils down to addons and stuff like that! This time it was the cache, I used to really like firefox but not so more these days

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Good to hear you like the site.
If you have any questions, start asking.
We will be happy to answer the questions.

There is also the eBook, see the tabs on the top of the page.
The eBook can be downloaded using the PDF sign at the right top on the index page of a volume.
Did you also look at the useful websites thread:
Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)
Or the RF related links thread:
RF related links
If you are looking for parts for your projects, you might want to have a look at this thread:
Components Selection Guide

Bertus