Problem integrating a TL072 audio mixer circuit on stripboard

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
when you put the bolt through
does it short the vero strips together ?

mtcolaco

Joined Jan 23, 2020
Use a DC voltmeter or oscilloscope to measure the DC output oo each opamp. It should be close to 0VDC.
Okay I drove the non inverting input and took some things out like hgsioto requested, and now you can hear something on the out but ITS extremely distorted.
I checked with the outputs with a multimeter and it seems to vary but they’re both normally over 0VDC the first stage being around 3-4 volts and the second 1-2 volts.
But they vary wildly sometimes (which I’m guessing is bad wiring)

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
It must be intermittent soldered connections causing the voltage fluctuations and severe distortion.
A soldering iron is not used to carry solder or drip it onto a connection.
Rosin-sore solder is used for soldering electronic circuits, not plumber's solder.
A cheap soldering iron has no temperature control and gets so hot it incinerates the rosin in solder. Then when the solder does not stick without the rosin, the temperature drops too low for a good solder joint.

The original schematic is correct. The mixer opamp normally inverts the signal phase and the second inverting opamp corrects the phase back to normal.
The opamps are wired with no voltage gain, then if the input signals are biased at 0VDC, the output of the circuit will also be biased at 0VDC.