Power Distribution circuit help

djbunn93

Joined Jan 7, 2020
Hello AAC forum this is my first post here and I thought I'd ask for any advice on my current robotics quandry.

The design so far:
40x 18650 3500 mAh cells in a 10S4P configuration to output 36V @ 14Ah

From this pack I need to work out some configuration of a buck/boost current limited converter that will be able to handle :
(4x) 24vmax 5A current limited channels
And
(1x)-(3x) 12vmax 1A not limited channels

Only for short periods would all 5A channels be needed. Usually only 2 of the channels will be active at a time.

If there are any suggestions on either components to construct such a circuit or prebuilt options I have not yet come across I'd definitely be open to hearing them. Also if I'm leaving out any important information let me know in the comments.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Ah is a designation for load-draw-over-time. 36V @ 14Ah means, provide 14A for one hour, or 1 Amp for 14 hours, at 36V. If your power-source can provide 14Ah, it will supply enough current for both 1A and 5A loads, for differing (respectively) periods of time. Since you're starting with 36V, I would say you would use a BUCK converter to manage the voltage drop efficiently and limit current.

Find a BUCK converter that can handle 5A out with atleast 36V in, and then you can design a circuit around it.