Off the shelf LiPo battery with protection circuits solution

guiguideb

Joined May 29, 2020
Hello,

I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors.

I'm working on a crowdfunding project that includes a small 5V motor (drawing 2A max) that needs to be powered by a rechargeable batterie via USB.

Now I'm more into mechanic and such thing must be designed by an well trained electrical engineer who knows exactly what he is doing, especially for something that I intend to commercialize. That's why I'm looking for a all in one solution that contains a small LiPo battery with charging, 5V DC boosting and protection circuits.

Apparently the boards based on the TP4056 module are not that good because the cheap ones you can buy in china use a TP4056 copy and do not check every boxes when it comes to safety and battery management.

So what should I use ?

Basically i'm looking for a power bank but less for consumers and more for product designing.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks in advance

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
If you are prototyping, which I highly recommend before trying to engineer the final product, then you can likely get what you need in pieces from a place like Karlsson Robotics (kr4.us) or Sparkfun.com. Buy the charger module, battery and boost circuits separately. Put them together and test. If it works, you can use the components from those boards in your final design. If it doesn't work, just swap the modules for different dev boards until you get the performance that you want.