More JFK files released

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
It'll be interesting to see if anything of note pops out. I won't hold my breath for any bombshells but I do expect some eyebrow raisers. The CIA et al were up to all sorts of crap that I'm sure they don't want paraded out. They still do the same old stuff to this day.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Methods, practices, and some still on the good side of Earth will hold some documents back. It seems the early 1990s board who determined what is releasable counted wrong.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
When they sealed the documents for (allegedly) 75 years, I merely assumed the youngest person involved was 25 years old.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
The JFK assassination was a fairly sophisticated operation and it's no coincidence that Lee Harvey Oswald was a sharp shooter capable of hitting Kennedy from the school book depository. It's also no matter of luck that Oswald was immediately killed before he could go to trial and possibly spill the beans.

In the early 60's my grandparents owned a small grocery store and some of the customers would socialize with them on various topics including government and politics. The Cuban missile crisis and the tense relations with the Soviet Union was a frequent topic, and one of the customers made the comment that he thought that "............Kennedy wouldn't live to serve the remainder of the 4 year term". And he was right on the money.

By the way, I'm sort of a conspiracy theorist because I've know of several major cases of collusion including the suspicious death of my father.

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It is really too bad that the President has yielded to pressure from some agencies to hold back some of the documents. There will always be lingering suspicion regardless of what is released but holding back some documents is sure to trigger speculation that certain agencies are afraid of their part being exposed.