LTspice - added diode models not listed.

Aivaras Andrijauskas

Joined Aug 26, 2019
Standard.dio (diode models) (https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/standard-txt.65504/)

This is an updated version of the diode models file, which includes the 1N4001 diode, which is what i'm after.
I replaced the file in /cmp with this one, but the program doesn't list any new diode models after reloading it.

What could possibly be the problem?

The added models had ".MODEL" instead of ".model", like the other lines, changed that, no results.
The new diodes just aren't listed when i click on a diode in order to assign a model to it.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Standard.dio (diode models) (https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/standard-txt.65504/)

This is an updated version of the diode models file, which includes the 1N4001 diode, which is what i'm after.
I replaced the file in /cmp with this one, but the program doesn't list any new diode models after reloading it.

What could possibly be the problem?

The added models had ".MODEL" instead of ".model", like the other lines, changed that, no results.
The new diodes just aren't listed when i click on a diode in order to assign a model to it.
which version of LTspice?
Which operating system?

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
LTSpice puts that folder in a couple of different places, and you need to add your models to the right one. Answer eetch00's question.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
LTspice XVII , Windows 10, 64bit.
If you performed a standard install of LTspiceXVII the file should be located in folder:
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\cmp

Where {username}= the user login name

The file name is: standard.dio

The existing file must be renamed to something like "standard_old", for example.
Then, the new file must be placed in the same folder location and renamed to "standard.dio" for LTspice to use it.

Sometimes, a rename will result in a filename like "standard.dio.txt" and will not work.
Check that the filename extensions are visible in windows explorer and the new file has been renamed to standard.dio

Be sure to shutdown LTspice, install the file, then restart LTspice so it will read the new file.

Aivaras Andrijauskas

Joined Aug 26, 2019
I did exactly what you said, that's the problem.
At first it did rename to ".dio.txt", but that's easy to fix, now the extensions are definetly correct, the original .dio and .bjt files are renamed and saved on my desktop.
I have restarted and reloaded multiple times, started a new schematic, so ltspice would be forced to read the new files, but the new diodes are not listed.
The icons are still the notepad icons, rather than the original basic file icon, maybe that has something to do with the source of the problem?
cap1.PNG
cap2.PNGCapture.PNG

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Wow!!! :)

I have just placed your standard,dio in my LTS cmp folder, it works fine.

E

Added 2nd image, showing my Path
AAA 459 19.35.gif

BTW: I am using Windows 10 32 Bit

Attachments

Last edited:

Aivaras Andrijauskas

Joined Aug 26, 2019
Ok, it just started magicaly working, for no reason, just like it didn't work for no reason. After reloading LTspice for like the tenth time. No idea what happened, but problem solved.

Ok, it just started magicaly working, for no reason, just like it didn't work for no reason. After reloading LTspice for like the tenth time. No idea what happened, but problem solved.
I know this was posted a while ago, but I was dealing with the same issue. I noticed that it didn't work for me until I stopped using notepad and instead open the .dio file in LTSpice's text editor. After I did that, saved, and closed LTSpice, and the next time I opened it it reloaded the libraries and the diode was showing up.