How can I make a scanner led light using 1,25 V X 0.054 ma (VIMUN SC - 3012) ?

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Hello to all !

First of all, I have a strange hobby I am building small Ac / DC generators. I know it can looks like a strange question, but I have the mentioned hobby :)
I have made some tests and I managed to light a little bit that led using the mentioned input ( if some will wish to know I will provide all the details ) and I am not satisfied ( the 6 V - 12 V scanner led will not light if it is directly connected to the small solar panel that is for sure ) .
I wish to know if there is another way ? using max input 1,25 V X 0.054 ma , provided by a single mini solar panel ( VIMUN SC - 3012) to make the mentioned led light
Thx ST

Attachments

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
All those garden solar lights you see use a boost circuit to raise the voltage at the LED high enough to light it (in pulses), starting with the voltage of a single cell. So it is possible.

If your LED really requires 6V, and if your solar cell is really only making 54µA (are you sure it's not 5.4mA?), I don't see a path to a satisfactory result. You could look into the circuits they use to store up solar energy and then briefly power a motor. That might give you a way to intermittently pulse the LED.

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
All those garden solar lights you see use a boost circuit to raise the voltage at the LED high enough to light it (in pulses), starting with the voltage of a single cell. So it is possible.

If your LED really requires 6V, and if your solar cell is really only making 54µA (are you sure it's not 5.4mA?), I don't see a path to a satisfactory result. You could look into the circuits they use to store up solar energy and then briefly power a motor. That might give you a way to intermittently pulse the LED.
Thx for the answer ! I am very sure about the current is 0.054 ma.
a converter will not work because there's hardly any power at all from that panel , trying to increase it's voltage means you reduce it's current (plus losses as well ), as it stands the solar panel can't generate enough power to start the converter .........
the power is : 67 microwatts available
for the moment I am In this point :
I am still not satisfied.
Do you think it will work with a joule thief ? I have doubts.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don't understand what we're seeing in that video.

I would expect a little more power from a panel that size but if your panel is really such low power, then I don't really see what your goal is. A joule thief, just like in solar lights, might allow the LED to light dimly but maybe not.

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
I don't understand what we're seeing in that video.

I would expect a little more power from a panel that size but if your panel is really such low power, then I don't really see what your goal is. A joule thief, just like in solar lights, might allow the LED to light dimly but maybe not.
In the presented video we can see a "mechanical booster" I have "killed " some current to obtain the voltage needed ( maintaining the power - losses ) to make that led glow (I am looking forward for a constant glow)
The question is : Should I increase the voltage and killing more current by improving the " mechanical booster " or there is another simple way which I do not Know.
My goal is to make some "educative toys" which can spins quite fast and make a led glow constant using just 67 micro watts available power input ..... maximum

for example this one :

Last edited:

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
a converter will not work because there's hardly any power at all from that panel , trying to increase it's voltage means you reduce it's current (plus losses as well )
In the presented video we can see a "mechanical booster" I have "killed " some current to obtain the voltage needed ( maintaining the power - losses ) to make that led glow
These two statements seem inconsistent to me. Why would you rule out boost converters which sacrifice current to achieve higher voltage, but happily accept the exact same tradeoff in your mechanical approach?

Regardless of your motivations regarding the question above, I'd be truly shocked if any mechanical booster outperformed the industry standard electronic methods. Mechanisms suffer from friction losses, plus the extra losses any time energy moves between various forms - changing electricity to motion means losses... and translating that motion back into electricity means more losses. How do you expect to overcome all that?

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
In the presented video we can see a "mechanical booster" I have "killed " some current to obtain the voltage needed ( maintaining the power - losses ) to make that led glow (I am looking forward for a constant glow)
The question is : Should I increase the voltage and killing more current by improving the " mechanical booster " or there is another simple way which I do not Know.
My goal is to make some "educative toys" which can spins quite fast and make a led glow constant using just 67 micro watts available power input ..... maximum

for example this one :

Watch him wayneh. He got rebuked over at ETO for most of his stuff, trying to reach "over unity'.
Hello ! I am just asking experts some questions because I wish to improve some layouts for some educative toys, nothing else.
I never presented them as perpetual motion, free energy devices. I am always polite untill some people very well prepared use ofensive words. I don.t know why....for example " BS overunity stuff"
Agree ?

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
These two statements seem inconsistent to me. Why would you rule out boost converters which sacrifice current to achieve higher voltage, but happily accept the exact same tradeoff in your mechanical approach?

Regardless of your motivations regarding the question above, I'd be truly shocked if any mechanical booster outperformed the industry standard electronic methods. Mechanisms suffer from friction losses, plus the extra losses any time energy moves between various forms - changing electricity to motion means losses... and translating that motion back into electricity means more losses. How do you expect to overcome all that?
Hello !
I have a confirmation from someone who is very well prepared - he told me there is no converter on the planet which will start at 67 microwatt input, that why I am here....(.I can not limit at a single opinion ).
In the upper side of the sphere I eliminate the friction ( excepting the air resistance)
I used glass surface at the buttom side.
My goal is to create a toy which can spin quite fast and can light a led " a motor generator" power with a single vimun mini solar panel, an "office toy ". I have managed to finalyze it 90 % but I am not satisfied regarding the led glowing.
What is strange about the presented toy ? ( for sure is not the output :) )
"With the poles oriented up/down, the field from the coil would provide zero rotational effect" - I will open another thread for this
I am thinking to use a converter to see if will start after the AC to DC rectifier ( 2, 5 V output )
THX St

Last edited:

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Aparently there is no other way, to light that led using 67 microwatts, excepting the mechanical booster. The only solution is to improve the mechanical booster ( limit the diameter of the cases - less weight and reduce the distance between sphere and coil )

THX ST

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
First we are not afraid of people who build generators.....We do this on an everyday basis! Its not strange and its actually very good and helpful.

Also since optimization is my field:

1. Keep the wires as short as possible.
2. Be careful about the capacitor, if its big it will take a long time to charge and in the same time the load might be draining current without lighting so it will never light.
3. A MOS transistor which will light the device when the voltage reaches a high enough level can work. But you have a very small current so it might be hard.

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
First we are not afraid of people who build generators.....We do this on an everyday basis! Its not strange and its actually very good and helpful.

Also since optimization is my field:

1. Keep the wires as short as possible.
2. Be careful about the capacitor, if its big it will take a long time to charge and in the same time the load might be draining current without lighting so it will never light.
3. A MOS transistor which will light the device when the voltage reaches a high enough level can work. But you have a very small current so it might be hard.
Many thx !
ST

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
the rectifier capacitor (AC to DC ) is 16 V 1000 µF ......
I did not see how much it is, but it should be considered.

1mF is very big for me. I would suggest trying with 10uF or 1uF. Depends on your actual current. It will be best if we get a measured maximum and minimum current and voltage with and without load over a period of time.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Over Unity was the first thing I thought of. Especially in the first video, on the glass table to prove there are no hidden wires or devices. But, the question came to my mine, what is in the kleenex box? Certainly a good hiding place for a battery. But in the second video I could see no hidden power sources. Still, that's an awfully large coil (in my opinion) for that tiny power source (the solar panel). Could there be a hidden battery in that? I DID see the spinning rotor slow down slightly when the solar panel was covered but I never saw it completely stop.

Few years back I saw a copper coil made from a short length of solid copper house wiring with a curly Q pig tail soldered midway. That was connected to a small DC motor that would spin when connected to this weird (absurd) coil. However, inside the motor was hidden a tiny watch battery. When the coil was connected it just completed a circuit and the motor would spin with no apparent wires connected to it. It was a well accomplished trick, but it was nothing more than a trick.

I don't know if this post is serious about overcoming problems but from an educational standpoint, I don't see what can be learned. Of course, that may just be my inability to see the value in such a machine, but - - - .

I'd like to follow this and see where things go. A year or so back someone was asking how to use a 12 volt motor to generate 12 volts using a generator. When we called him on his over unity device he got mad and told us we'll all be sorry when he's rich and famous for inventing over-unity. I wonder how he's doing today.

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
The op makes no claims of over-unity.

This is not over-unity, just dull

EDIT: Unkind comments removed - time I was a nicer person

Last edited:

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Over Unity was the first thing I thought of. Especially in the first video, on the glass table to prove there are no hidden wires or devices. But, the question came to my mine, what is in the kleenex box? Certainly a good hiding place for a battery. But in the second video I could see no hidden power sources. Still, that's an awfully large coil (in my opinion) for that tiny power source (the solar panel). Could there be a hidden battery in that? I DID see the spinning rotor slow down slightly when the solar panel was covered but I never saw it completely stop.

Few years back I saw a copper coil made from a short length of solid copper house wiring with a curly Q pig tail soldered midway. That was connected to a small DC motor that would spin when connected to this weird (absurd) coil. However, inside the motor was hidden a tiny watch battery. When the coil was connected it just completed a circuit and the motor would spin with no apparent wires connected to it. It was a well accomplished trick, but it was nothing more than a trick.

I don't know if this post is serious about overcoming problems but from an educational standpoint, I don't see what can be learned. Of course, that may just be my inability to see the value in such a machine, but - - - .

I'd like to follow this and see where things go. A year or so back someone was asking how to use a 12 volt motor to generate 12 volts using a generator. When we called him on his over unity device he got mad and told us we'll all be sorry when he's rich and famous for inventing over-unity. I wonder how he's doing today.
Hello Tony !
I have a website with some educational projects ( excepting one which represents a research - ABSTRACT - biological r. ) http://sciencetoolbar.com/ - I am not seling anything
Also on the mentioned website there is a chapter about free energy where is mentioned very clear : free energy IS NOT POSSIBLE
you can verify if you wish.

Are we good ?

Thx st

Last edited: