High Voltage PMOS recommendation

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
1636434492744.png
Hi readers, is there a P-channel Mosfet with Vds of -400V but has very low Rds(On) because I want an efficient mosfet ? I a planning to power a 400V device and its negative terminal must be connected to ground (That's the reason why i use PMOS and not NMOS). I find a lot of NMOS that can tolerate high voltages in the market a lot, however, for PMOS, I tired searching but could not find. Any recommendations?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Do you mean the negative terminal of the load, or the negative terminal of the transistor that connects to ground?.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
@ericgibbs I think he was using that as a example... most of the p-channel devices in LTSpice have a low Vds

@Ian0 The TS wants high side switching, load grounded

@MrsssSu Go to mouser.com or digikey.com, search on p-channel mosfet and filter on Vds >= 400. Both Mouser and Digikey give the same option:

IXTX40P50P/IXTK40P50P in TO247 or TO263 case, 500v/40A, Rds = 230mOhm (480 in stock)

You won't get a very low Rds in P-channel compared to N-channel, so consider using more than one MOSFET in parallel if need be, alternatively use an N-channel on the high-side with an isolated gate-source driver.

Last edited: