Help please Electrolux freezer

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
What is the correct name for this component and how do i test it?I followed the link by Killivolt but is this component different?
I thought it was the same, I was in a hurry yesterday, my apology. When I was looking I found a similar component, it was listed as a triac. But, some resistors look like that form factor. Let me look again, hopefully I have enough time today.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I thought it was the same, I was in a hurry yesterday, my apology. When I was looking I found a similar component, it was listed as a triac. But, some resistors look like that form factor. Let me look again, hopefully I have enough time today.

kv
Here is some on Mouser's site, I see one as a triac the other is a switch, but it's not an exact match.

https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=ACST67S

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Ok, lets look at the schematic, I'm not sure where it would be located, on the back or under the fridge somewhere. Take a picture or scan it and upload to the site.

Been a while since I worked on appliances, I think I even have a similar fridge, I'll be back in a while. If it's a power switch as indicated or a triac it will control a solid state relay, one or the other could be bad. Best case would be a transistor controlling the gate voltage of the switch or triac or both. It could get expensive real fast if it's the solid state relay.

kv

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I also think it's a triac, just because that's what the search turns up. I tried to identify the logo here, but no luck. No obvious "MRC" producer.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I also think it's a triac, just because that's what the search turns up. I tried to identify the logo here, but no luck. No obvious "MRC" producer.
If he finds the General Schematic we should be able to locate the relay going to the compressor, it might just be a normal compressor relay or solid state.

I don't think the relay would be on the board, might be a 2 stage relay combo not sure without a schematic for the board.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
There is definitely no schematic anywhere on the freezer.Tried the net but no luck its an Electrolux EUC3109x
Is it upright or box? if it's a box freezer it could be behind the panel on the side, remove the panel it should be glued on, at least that's what they did 30 years ago. Geez 30 years....

kv

pfofit

Joined Nov 29, 2006
Circled component is a fusible resistor.
What is it's resistance? and the other green resistor. What markings are on them as well?
Also measure the resistance of the two inductors L1 and L2 on both sides of the little transformer
Dpak is a triac for compressor and the smaller sot 89 is a traic for lamp? maybe
Can you get a voltage reading on the cap in front of the transformer, will be high DC 300+, so be careful?
If your not comfortable doing that with the power on then don't do that.
electrolux circuit board.2.jpeg

Dano41

Joined Aug 1, 2016
Circled component is a fusible resistor.
What is it's resistance? and the other green resistor. What markings are on them as well?
Also measure the resistance of the two inductors L1 and L2 on both sides of the little transformer
Dpak is a triac for compressor and the smaller sot 89 is a traic for lamp? maybe
Can you get a voltage reading on the cap in front of the transformer, will be high DC 300+, so be careful?
If your not comfortable doing that with the power on then don't do that.
View attachment 173737
The resistor you circled is 101 ohms.Marked on it is 100R 5% 3W.
The other green resistor is 27 ohms.Marked on it 27R 5% 3W.
Inductors L1 is 12 ohms and L2 is 0.5 ohms.
Cap in front of the transformer is reading 225 V AC.I am us a fluke 7-300 auto selection for these measurements

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The resistor you circled is 101 ohms.Marked on it is 100R 5% 3W.
The other green resistor is 27 ohms.Marked on it 27R 5% 3W.
Inductors L1 is 12 ohms and L2 is 0.5 ohms.
Cap in front of the transformer is reading 225 V AC.I am us a fluke 7-300 auto selection for these measurements
Is it a manual defrost or self defrost, is it a box or upright? If there is no manual you'll need to chase the wires back from the compressor, it's possible if you had a brown out that would or could fry the compressor, which means nothing is wrong with the board.

kv

Dano41

Joined Aug 1, 2016
Is it a manual defrost or self defrost, is it a box or upright? If there is no manual you'll need to chase the wires back from the compressor, it's possible if you had a brown out that would or could fry the compressor, which means nothing is wrong with the board.

kv
It is an upright and a manual defrost.There is power coming to board at the top of the freezer there are control buttons up there and a digital temperature clock would these not be on even if the compressor was fried if the board was ok?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It is an upright and a manual defrost.There is power coming to board at the top of the freezer there are control buttons up there and a digital temperature clock would these not be on even if the compressor was fried if the board was ok?
Until a measurement is taken at the compressor you won't know, but without a schematic I can't tell you how they are powering it. Take a picture of the compressor, I want to see how they are powering it, if to a relay you have a start and run relay possibly a large AC run cap, it's been so long for me out of the appliance service industry I'm almost useless, before you begin hunting power we need to know more. Take a picture and note the wires going to the compressor.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I didn't read your post correctly. No controls and no Temp set indicator?

kv

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Note on the compressor R600A is a LPG based refrigerant & flammable, used in most newer fridges. They have to use solid state switching for the compressor not relays due to potential leaks & arcing.