help me with LTspice command.

Lija

Joined Nov 13, 2020
Hi!
Is there anyone here who can help me with LTspice command. (MacBook Air) I'm drawing a nonplanar circuit. And can't figure out how to get the components to connect on the diagonal lines. Skjermbilde 2020-11-13 kl. 17.05.42.png

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Why can't you connect them the same way you connected the other components?
There will be a jog in the diagonal wires where the resistors are connected, but that doesn't affect the circuit simulation (see examples below):
The components rotate in 90° steps, and I don't know of any way to rotate them to the same angle as the wires.

1605286180706.png1605285693077.png

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi!
Is there anyone here who can help me with LTspice command. (MacBook Air) I'm drawing a nonplanar circuit. And can't figure out how to get the components to connect on the diagonal lines. View attachment 222165
Components will only rotate in 90 degree increments, so you'll have to use the drag tool (closed hand icon) to drag and bend the wires until they connect to the pin.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There will be a jog in the diagonal wires where the resistors are connected, but that doesn't affect the circuit simulation (see examples below):
The components rotate in 90° steps, and I don't know of any way to rotate them to the same angle as the wires.

View attachment 222176View attachment 222175
You can take the coordinates from the resistor symbol, rotate them 45°, and voilà you have a new resistor symbol. It may look a bit different than you expect because you are working on a grid with integer coordinates and some rounding will inevitably take place. Here is the diode symbol I use for doing bridge rectifiers.

diode45.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Lija

Joined Nov 13, 2020

View attachment 222176View attachment 222175
Thank you for the respons. LTspice is a new thing for me as student.

I had an expectation of getting straight lines dioginally when I pulled the wires in the circuit. So I got a little
frustrated when I saw that I did not get it.

Lija

Joined Nov 13, 2020
You can take the coordinates from the resistor symbol, rotate them 45°, and voilà you have a new resistor symbol. It may look a bit different than you expect because you are working on a grid with integer coordinates and some rounding will inevitably take place. Here is the diode symbol I use for doing bridge rectifiers.

View attachment 222197
Thank you for the tips!
LTspice is a new thing for me as student.

I had an expectation of getting straight lines dioginally when I pulled the wires in the circuit. So I got a little
frustrated when I saw that I did not get it.