Down counter shown on a 7 segment display using ram or rom in logisim

ayomi|

Joined Nov 24, 2022
I need to have a 2-digit down counter based on read-only memory RAM or ROM and to show the count on a 7-segment display, all done in Logisim or in another program.
Can someone help me thanks

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
How far have you gotten? Please post your schematic. Note that t try his is homework “help”; you need to show your work first.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I need to have a 2-digit down counter based on read-only memory RAM or ROM and to show the count on a 7-segment display, all done in Logisim or in another program.
It would be helpful if you posted the complete text for the problem.

If you use a look up table, you still need something to address the circuit. Are you allowed to use BCD to 7-segment decoders?

ayomi|

Joined Nov 24, 2022
Welcome to AAC!

It would be helpful if you posted the complete text for the problem.

If you use a look up table, you still need something to address the circuit. Are you allowed to use BCD to 7-segment decoders?
I gave all the problem, but I affirm that a decoder can be used, I had not thought about it before

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Can someone help me thanks
How big it your ROM/RAM? How wide is it?

If it is 16-bits wide and you have at least 100 cells, the solution is trivial.

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
Hint: it is nothing more than a logic truth table that takes a 7bit input and maps it to a 14bit output. Granted it is a truth table with 100 entries so it is 'tedious' but not hard. To make it less tedious, use a computer program (any language you like) to generate the table. Then you just program the ROM with the table.

Last edited: