Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01059-y

The pandemic is sweeping through India at a pace that has staggered scientists. Daily case numbers have exploded since early March: the government reported 273,810 new infections nationally on 18 April. High numbers in India have also helped drive global cases to a daily high of 854,855 in the past week, almost breaking a record set in January.

Just months earlier, antibody data had suggested that many people in cities such as Delhi and Chennai had already been infected, leading some researchers to conclude that the worst of the pandemic was over in the country.
kv

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
This might explain why I got deathly ill after receiving vaccine in the past. Now I’m wondering if I ever come into contact with the virus I will also succumb and have exacerbated immune system response, already have bad lungs so, ya.

This is my biggest concern and after much deliberation I do not want to get second shot of pfeizer. I have spent quite a bit of time researching this effect (AED) and I would say that costs outweigh the benefits.

I really hope everything works out in the end.

kv

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
i would suspect that many of the young that had a mild or no response to the previous strain infection are getting reinfection from the variants.

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/assessing-covid-reinfection-risks-for-the-young-7275502/

A past Covid-19 infection does not completely protect against reinfection in young people, according to a new observational study published in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.

The study was among more than 3,000 healthy members of the US Marines Corps, most of whom were in the age group 18-20. Of 2,346 Marines followed long enough for this analysis of reinfection rate, 189 were seropositive and 2,247 were seronegative at the start of the study, between May and November 2020. Around 10% of participants who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 (19 out of 189) became reinfected, compared with new infections in 50% (1,079 out of 2,247) of participants who had not previously been infected.

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
i would suspect that many of the young that had a mild or no response to the previous strain infection are getting reinfection from the variants.

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/assessing-covid-reinfection-risks-for-the-young-7275502/

India has also had some major holidays recently (the biggest ones, perhaps, being Holi on March 29th, and Kumbh Mela during the majority of April), as well as election rallies. Kumbh Mela (which I only learned about today) is a MAJOR Hindu holiday/pilgrimage that lasts for several weeks (for perspective, on April 14th alone 943,452 people bathed in the River Ganges, according to Wikipedia, which, as we all know, is 100% reliable all the time forever [it was cited from Indian news sources, so there IS veracity to that particular statement]). This year, the pilgrimage has been limited to "only" 30 days in April, but that still gives basically a month for numbers to skyrocket and then continue to climb for a bit after that month. Keeping in mind that India has the second-highest (highest?) population in the world, it doesn't surprise me that a majority (or at least significant proportion) of its populace probably hasn't yet had COVID - especially in more isolated areas. Reuters has more details on this whole mess.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
India has also had some major holidays recently (the biggest ones, perhaps, being Holi on March 29th, and Kumbh Mela during the majority of April), as well as election rallies. Kumbh Mela (which I only learned about today) is a MAJOR Hindu holiday/pilgrimage that lasts for several weeks (for perspective, on April 14th alone 943,452 people bathed in the River Ganges, according to Wikipedia, which, as we all know, is 100% reliable all the time forever [it was cited from Indian news sources, so there IS veracity to that particular statement]). This year, the pilgrimage has been limited to "only" 30 days in April, but that still gives basically a month for numbers to skyrocket and then continue to climb for a bit after that month. Keeping in mind that India has the second-highest (highest?) population in the world, it doesn't surprise me that a majority (or at least significant proportion) of its populace probably hasn't yet had COVID - especially in more isolated areas. Reuters has more details on this whole mess.
India is another good example of population density. Take a look at the population density of India's major cities. Next look at the literacy rate of those cities. Next look at the US cities with high rates of infection and again the literacy rates. Here in the US speaking for Cleveland, Ohio USA I noticed they have been setting up vaccination sites in the densely populated inner city areas with low literacy rates in an effort to get the less fortunate aware and vaccinated.

Ron

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
India is another good example of population density. Take a look at the population density of India's major cities. Next look at the literacy rate of those cities. Next look at the US cities with high rates of infection and again the literacy rates. Here in the US speaking for Cleveland, Ohio USA I noticed they have been setting up vaccination sites in the densely populated inner city areas with low literacy rates in an effort to get the less fortunate aware and vaccinated.

Ron
This pandemic era has shown the worst and best of America. So far the entire vaccination phase shows why this is a great country to live in. Yes, we have issues but when we, as a country decide to do something that actually is for the greater good, it happens.

USA
New cases 64,853 –4%
New deaths 879 –1%

WORLD
New cases 972,531 +30%
New deaths 18,032 +17%

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I hope everything will be all right
Thank you.

While we are viewing this as a possibility we need to bring knowledge about the virus and all circumstantial analysis created, the who, the when, the how. The why I’m not sure and no one actually knows yet. Just people pointing fingers frankly I’m tired of that because it doesn’t stop the virus, all it does is create hearsay. Not a fan, and rubs me the wrong way, I say for get it COVID origin bat related done. We have bigger fish to fry.

The who, manufacturer’s and research done prior, based on COVID or Sars (ADE), I’m saying nothing about COVID but Sars injections. The when, I received vaccinations beginning back around 2003. The how, Vaccines and studies which might be related to my possible exacerbations with my immune system. Those are not the same as COVID Vaccines, the current vaccines are in review and considered by the (CDC and WHO) in ongoing research that I hope will be reported.

Since we only have few Clotting incidences with J&J it gave pause, making us stop to re-think, if the (CDC and WHO) are shutting things down based on the numbers. Then if the numbers begin to rise in the COVID Vaccinations due to (ADE) will rise in the current data collected. The increase in numbers associated with COVID would bring about alarms well above J&J because it’s much higher than J&J clotting. We should re-evaluate, but even so, as COVID continues to gain strength we are faced with few options than the ones we have now as it grows strength around the world. Lets consider the past.

The Black Death, made it’s way through Europe, my family and many others survived, thinning of the herd, that cull resulted in some immunity or even some mutations. Some people actually are immune to HIV for example and no I won’t I won’t post a URL (look it up yourself) The Spanish Flu circled the planet 3 times killing the very people we would think couldn’t succumb, but they did, then without reason it stops.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/pandemic-timeline-1918.htm

Thank you, I hope I survive a re-infection if thats my role in this study.

I’ll keep you all posted, I speak with people daily my second shot may Produce some issues. Let you guys know how I’m feeling afterward. BTW 5/21/2021 and it should produce some flu like symptoms afterward for me it won’t be the same as joe average, those are the people without lung issues we need to watch.

kv

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Ted Nugent gets Covid after declaring it was a 'Scam' in his Christmas message shared on social media in December, Nugent called the worldwide crisis a “scammy pandemic” and said that people who wore masks were “sheep :oops:
It is terribly scammy but the scams are behind closed doors for the most part.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Thank you.

While we are viewing this as a possibility we need to bring knowledge about the virus and all circumstantial analysis created, the who, the when, the how, the why I’m not sure and no one actually knows yet. Just people pointing fingers frankly I’m tired of that because it doesn’t stop the virus, all it does is create hearsay. Not a fan, and rubs me the wrong way, I say for get it COVID origin bat related done. We have bigger fish to fry.

The who, manufacturer’s and research done prior, based on COVID or Sars (ADE), I’m saying nothing about COVID but Sars injections I received dated back beginning around 2003, the Vaccine studies related to my possible exacerbations with my immune system are not the same as what might or could happen with a COVID Vaccine, but are considered by CDC, WHO, and others in ongoing research that I hope will be reported if it gets out of control. Since we only have few Clotting incidences with J&J have made us stop and re-think, if they are doing that based on the numbers then, something involving the numbers that should be shown in the current data being collected from sources following COVID Vac and re-infection, would bring about alarms well above J&J which would need to be re-evaluated, but as COVID continues to gain strength we are faced with few options than the ones we have now. Lets consider the past.

The Black Death, made it’s way through Europe, my family and many others survived, thinning of the herd, that cull resulted in some immunity or even some mutations. Some people actually are immune to HIV for example and no I won’t I won’t post a URL (look it up yourself) The Spanish Flu circled the planet 3 times killing the very people we would think couldn’t succumb, but they did, then without reason it stops.

Thank you, I hope I survive a re-infection if thats my role in this study.

I’ll keep you all posted, I speak with people daily my second shot may Produce some issues. Let you guys know how I’m feeling afterward. BTW 5/21/2021 and it should produce some flu like symptoms afterward for me it won’t be the same as joe average, those are the people without lung issues we need to watch.

kv
Just hang tight and try to reduce any chances of exposure. I know that is easier said than done but just try. Keep us posted on how things go. Today marked two weeks since my wife and I got the second shot and we were fortunate in having zero side effects of either shot.

Ron

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

Ron
https://www.reuters.com/world/india...-coronavirus-cases-anywhere-world-2021-04-22/

India recorded the world’s highest daily tally of 314,835 COVID-19 infections on Thursday as a second wave of the pandemic raised new fears about the ability of crumbling health services to cope.

A world record in new Covid cases is bad (and is projected to quickly get worse) but it's really mild compared to the yearly India death toll in children.

https://thewire.in/health/infant-deaths-india
In 2018, an estimated 882,000 children under five died in India, the highest in the world. With India’s large child population, this is despite the fact that the under-five mortality rate (37 per 1,000 live births) was lower than the global average (39) and has fallen from 126 in 1990.

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
https://www.reuters.com/world/india...-coronavirus-cases-anywhere-world-2021-04-22/

India recorded the world’s highest daily tally of 314,835 COVID-19 infections on Thursday as a second wave of the pandemic raised new fears about the ability of crumbling health services to cope.

A world record in new Covid cases is bad (and is projected to quickly get worse) but it's really mild compared to the yearly India death toll in children.

https://thewire.in/health/infant-deaths-india
A sad, and sobering, perspective ... it'll take India at least another generation to improve in that area. A cultural change is needed, and that usually takes a considerable while to happen.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...tate-of-emergency-in-tokyo-western-japan.html
Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga is set to declare a state of emergency Friday in Tokyo and the western Japan prefectures of Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo in an effort to curb a surge in COVID-19 during the upcoming Golden Week holidays.

Tougher restrictions such as the closure of establishments that serve alcohol and major commercial facilities will be in place from Sunday through May 11.
Meanwhile, Japan has lagged behind other countries in its vaccine rollout, with only around 1 percent of its population having received at least one dose of Pfizer Inc.'s two shots.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Here in the US speaking for Cleveland, Ohio USA I noticed they have been setting up vaccination sites in the densely populated inner city areas with low literacy rates in an effort to get the less fortunate aware and vaccinated.
Really? You think that is the reason inter city people are resisting the vaccination? You don't think that the Tuskegee Experiment is still on their minds I know 1972 was quite a while ago but ... Then you have the lack of drugstores and even food stores in the inter city, so where do they go for the jab? Even my little town in the sticks has this problem.

While I was on the train going to get my second shot. I was listening to some fool yammering on about how Bill Gates will eliminate 15% of the population with the vaccine.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Really? You think that is the reason inter city people are resisting the vaccination? You don't think that the Tuskegee Experiment is still on their minds I know 1972 was quite a while ago but ... Then you have the lack of drugstores and even food stores in the inter city, so where do they go for the jab? Even my little town in the sticks has this problem.
No I agree. I have also heard as to the Tuskegee Experiment causing some African Americans being wary but here's how it plays out in Cleveland's Inner City. The housing projects are dense population and they rely on public transportation. Getting real here these same people are lacking in education. We have 13 year old kids running around pregnant with ignorance breeding ignorance. Do I think the Tuskegee Experiment figures into things? Yes possibly but not for those well enough educated. That experiment ran early 30s to early 70s. I figure it this way. I see 100 people in a line waiting for immunization shots. When 50 are white and 50 are black and all getting the same shot administered by both black and white I figure someone needs to be pretty slow on the uptake to worry about The Tuskegee Experiment. Especially with black civic leaders encouraging vaccination. The same government conducted nuclear test in the Nevada desert using people downwind and US soldiers as guinea pigs. So should white people living 65 miles north of Las Vegas also fear the US Government?

All in all I feel those who choose not to get the immunization have a right to do so. I defend their right. We have a system of government which allows their choice. This holds true regardless of their reason for opting out. Anyway in the inner city you can't expect them to come to the immunization so they bring the immunization to them. Their choice to take it or pass. Drug stores and food stores got tired of high crime rates so exercised their freedom of choice and left. I also support their decision to leave.

Ron

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
While I was on the train going to get my second shot. I was listening to some fool yammering on about how Bill Gates will eliminate 15% of the population with the vaccine.
Gates is really just trying to "sell up" his vaccines as a cure-all for the world's problems. His argument there being that if you vaccinate people and otherwise take steps to "improve their health" then they will just naturally have less children. The flaw with THAT logic of course is that economics is going to have a WAY MORE substantial effect on that. The better off people are, the less children they tend to have. Health does play a role in it, just not nearly as much...

Status
Not open for further replies.