Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It all depends on who you want to believe. CoronaVac has been reported as anywhere from ~15-90% effective. Which tells me the data and reporting are wrong... One thing is certain, they are selling a lot of it worldwide. see CoronaVac - Wikipedia
When the rubber hits the road like in Chile we see the actual performance of this class of vaccine. High vaccination rates and high case loads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/04/15/brazil-china-vaccine-coronavirus-coronavac/

A top Chinese health official had said the country was considering changes to its vaccines to “solve the problem that the efficacy … is not high.” And in Brazil, in alternative media, a narrative formed: The country was stuck with a second-tier vaccine.

VS

https://www.businessinsider.com/israel-unlock-no-outdoor-mask-rule-more-half-vaccinated-2021-4

According to The New York Times vaccinations tracker, 60% of Israel's population has had a first dose of the vaccine, while 56% have had both. Israel's population is around 9 million people.

Discounting under-16s — who are not currently eligible for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine — around 81% of Israelis have been fully vaccinated, Reuters reported.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
For me, mostly it's a "wait and see" attitude about an experimental product with no prior track record. But then I am in the "High Risk" category health wise with reduced immunology due to the meds I need to attenuate other health issues.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Just when things sound dark and hopeless, remember we heard all this before with the H1-N1 Bird Flu epidemic. It did not take long for it to fade into the background, but this time around might be different because the marketeers now understand the game they are playing.
Do you praise the electric code writers for changing codes because they adjusted the building codes after a defective product in the marketplace caused a bunch of houses to burn down? Or do you praise the code writers that wrote codes that were robust enough to keep houses safe even when a defective product gets into the marketplace?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Do you praise the electric code writers for changing codes because they adjusted the building codes after a defective product in the marketplace caused a bunch of houses to burn down? Or do you praise the code writers that wrote codes that were robust enough to keep houses safe even when a defective product gets into the marketplace?
Should the codes be robust enough to account for grow-ops and meth labs? Asking for a friend. Thank you.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Humans are very good at responding to risks once made aware of them. That's sensible for an organism that can live a century if they avoid dying. I know that just about any person that has learned and practiced sterile techniques in the lab finds it almost impossible to drop those habits. And why would you? Avoiding other humans was a good habit for a full year. The risks have gone down but are never zero. So it's hard to loosen up "over night".

Personally I'll quit wearing the mask as soon as it's not mandatory. I'm looking forward to meeting all the new neighbors that moved into the neighborhood in the last year. I can't picture being afraid to have a drink with a friend. I guess I never was terribly afraid of this threat, except when it first hit our shores and might have been far worse.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Should the codes be robust enough to account for grow-ops and meth labs? Asking for a friend. Thank you.
Wow, meth labs are available in marketplace where you live? They should make a TV show about that!
Or are you grasping at straws to look for a rebuttal?

...after a defective product in the marketplace caused a bunch of houses to burn down?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ted Nugent gets Covid after declaring it was a 'Scam' in his Christmas message shared on social media in December, Nugent called the worldwide crisis a “scammy pandemic” and said that people who wore masks were “sheep :oops:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...s-been-crippled-by-the-virus/?sh=4102d56c5534
Logic and common sense... yeah, right:

“I guess I would ask you, because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common sense meter would demand the answer to: Why weren’t we shut down for Covid 1 through 18?” Nugent said last Monday on Facebook, apparently unaware the “19” is for 2019, the year the virus was first discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.