Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Why the J&J vaccine is having problems, it is talcum powder based. :p o_O
:)

Actually 6 adverse effects in 7,000,000 doses I see as moderate. Anytime anyone gets an injection there is always going to be a risk factor. Better odds than one in a million? Just what is acceptable because zero is not going to happen. One death in 7,000,000 injections I would not shut down the J&J vaccine. Then too not my call.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
And it’s not even a given that those are adverse effects of the vaccine. Correlation but no causation proven.
Yes and I let that go. However, I totally agree.

We recently lost a neighbor. Joyce was 89 and had a blood clot resulting in a stroke which after almost a year she simply died. Seems they like to hot stamp death certificates. Even considering no direct link to the vaccine if we say it was an effect of the vaccine I don't see 1 death in seven million as a game stopper.

Ron

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Actually 6 adverse effects in 7,000,000 doses I see as moderate. Anytime anyone gets an injection there is always going to be a risk factor. Better odds than one in a million? Just what is acceptable because zero is not going to happen. One death in 7,000,000 injections I would not shut down the J&J vaccine. Then too not my call.

And indeed the chances of dying from the virus are much higher than dying as a result of taking the vaccine. That's why those who are 60+ or have certain pre-existing conditions have the least to lose by taking it.

That said, I still don't personally think they are particularly effective. But hey, I'm healthy and strong. I can afford to accept that risk...

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Clots from Astrazeneca = stop the presses, but possibility of anaphylactic shock due to Pfeizer was ok? I want to say "follow the money"

This whole thing has been a fine example of politricking and has nothing to do with public health as far as I am concerned.

mRNA is touted in many articles as a perfect vessel to treat cancer. Cancer is where the money is. There are many more questions than there are answers...

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Clots from Astrazeneca = stop the presses, but possibility of anaphylactic shock due to Pfeizer was ok? I want to say "follow the money"

This whole thing has been a fine example of politricking and has nothing to do with public health as far as I am concerned.

mRNA is touted in many articles as a perfect vessel to treat cancer. Cancer is where the money is. There are many more questions than there are answers...

Which is precisely why I am against them as a matter of principle. It's all just a shill's game designed to line the pockets of pharmacrats. They buy CNN, schedule hundreds of social media cameos, and forever push their implausible arguments. Vaccinations are up, and oh yes, so are infections! Of course they are...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Blood clots occur in healthy individuals with no known issues. What is a rare blood clot!? They are all fairly rare...
I gather the blood clots being observed are highly unusual and require a different treatment regimen. The standard treatment makes things worse.

The clots are being observed in the young female demographic, and that means the 1-in-seven-million stat is not correct. The number of young women that have received the jab is much, much lower. The clot risk becomes significant compared to the covid risk.

The hiatus should be limited to that demographic unless/until they find clots in other groups.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
That's a good point. All of the affected were young females. So what were the new numbers. My daughter mid 30s received the J&J vaccine and she had a day of flu like symptoms which went as fast as they came.

Ron

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
That's a good point. All of the affected were young females. So what were the new numbers. My daughter mid 30s received the J&J vaccine and she had a day of flu like symptoms which went as fast as they came.

Ron
I find the vaccination programs are tracked very poorly. Were any vaccinated here told how to report side effects? Or what side effects could be? Or that they could enroll in a study?

I was informed of nothing...

After some more reading:

In terms of why women? There was a good article that I cannot find, but in short women often mount a stronger immune response than men because of double X chromosome. It is still not know how it works but they think that some genes end up doubly expressed even though only one should be active. This is also why women are over represented as autoimmune disorder patients (MS etc). So in this case it would appear to be immune response to a vaccine.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I find the vaccination programs are tracked very poorly. Were any vaccinated here told how to report side effects? Or what side effects could be? Or that they could enroll in a study?

After some more reading:

In terms of why women? There was a good article that I cannot find, but in short women often mount a stronger immune response than men because of double X chromosome. It is still not know how it works but they think that some genes end up doubly expressed even though only one should be active. This is also why women are over represented as autoimmune disorder patients (MS etc). So in this case it would appear to be immune response to a vaccine.
I saw somewhere there might be a interaction with Hormonal based birth control.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...irth-control-can-increase-risk-of-blood-clots

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015

After some more reading:

We were handed a pile of papers to read on possible side effects. They also handed us a little kitchen type timer set for 15 min. They have you sit for 15 min to see if you start flopping around like a fish out of water. During this time water is provided. I asked for a beer but nope, just free water. I bet in Germany they have beer! :) They also did mention and cover several possible side effects and what to do if you experience any of them. I also figure at the mere suggestion some people develop side effects but beats the heck out of me.

Ron

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/new...ario-brings-in-emergency-measures/ar-BB1fLetA

In the nation’s capital, the Ottawa Police Service said late Friday it won’t conduct random stops and doesn’t want its powers to impact public trust. But it will be involved with setting up checkpoints on bridges between Ontario and neighboring Quebec, after Ford’s government announced new constraints on travelers from other provinces. People will still be allowed to cross the provincial boundary for work.

The Ontario premier banned almost all outdoor public gatherings, closed golf and tennis courses and shut down some construction sites. The government said it would close children’s playgrounds, then reversed that edict Saturday.
This week, Canada passed the U.S. for the first time in the number of new Covid-19 cases per capita. In Ontario, with the exception of emergencies, surgeries are to be canceled across most of the province as intensive care units concentrate on treating Covid-19 patients.
https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/61192/ontario-strengthens-enforcement-of-stay-at-home-order
Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., police officers and other provincial offences officers will have the authority to require any individual to provide their home address and purpose for not being at their residence. In addition, police officers, special constables and First Nation Constables will have the authority to stop vehicles to inquire about an individual's reasons for leaving their home. This additional enforcement tool will only be in effect during the Stay-at-Home order and exclusively to enforce the Stay-at-Home order.

Status
Not open for further replies.