Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I believe you have to remember that current policies are not based on any scientific logic.

I would like to see health authorities actually figure out how they end up with hospital outbreaks post vaccination (with enhanced protocols in place!) and then maybe they can tell me what to do about my own health.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I was in business for 28 years, and as I understand it the anti-discrimination laws apply only to businesses considered to be essential.

That means a restaurant or a hotel cannot discriminate, but a little print shop like mine could pick and choose their clientele.

And no, fat old white guy would discriminate against at least three of the protected classes...race, gender and disability.
He is fat because he led a privelged life... So not a protected class.

You forgot that gender is a social construct and does not exist

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Let me be clear about this again. I have pointed out several times. My wife and myself both got vaccinated. That said I support the rights of anyone in the US (simply because I live here) to have the freedom of choice and not be vaccinated. I also support the rights of a business, any business, to refuse service to anyone. That is just my own personal view on the subject. I also support the right of someone to have an opposing view. I really don't see a right or wrong. I try not to impose my views on others and I certainly don't need them trying to impose their views on me. As to London? I really don't care as I don't live there. Those under the GB government should decide as to a Prime Minister and Ministers. Protest in GB are just that, protest in GB. I support anyone's right to peaceful protest. That said as to the US? I believe those who riot and destroy property should be shot on sight. :)

Ron

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I also support the rights of a business, any business, to refuse service to anyone.
In general I agree but it gets murky when a business receives government funds or effectively is the government, for instance the electric company. Privately owned and operated business should be free to operate as they please and suffer the slings and arrows of the market they serve.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Nor do freedom loving people around the world agree with YOU! Just today, hundreds of thousands gathered in the streets of London to protest those exact kinds of practices.

hi xox,

The news casts reported for that video reported thousands of protestors in London, NOT hundreds of thousands .

Non of the news services, I have checked reported hundreds of thousand's , only thousands.

E

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In general I agree but it gets murky when a business receives government funds or effectively is the government, for instance the electric company. Privately owned and operated business should be free to operate as they please and suffer the slings and arrows of the market they serve.
I agree there especially when a business gets government money. You take a handout from the government you play by their rules. Don't like their rules use your own money. :)

Ron

Well, maybe you guys are overlooking the fact that many business's need a license to operate, that also assumes rules the same as driving has rules.

We are talking about public health and safety here, and that is in fact the governments domain.

bogosort

Joined Sep 24, 2011

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Off topic, but that 66% number is horrifying. Is Cleveland really that bad? This 2020 article says that 21% of adults in the US are either illiterate or functionally illiterate. One in five is bad, but two out of three?!?

https://www.libraryjournal.com/?detailStory=How-Serious-Is-Americas-Literacy-Problem
No actually it is likely worse. No shortage of housing projects here. This is where and why a disease, any disease, can run rampant. Teens having kids and so it goes. Come visit me sometime and I'll give you a tour of the near east and west housing projects. This is why we need to bring the vaccine to the people and explain why it's a good idea to take it. Sad but it's the reality.

Ron

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
12 million people have had two jabs means approximately 24 million work days lost from what I have heard. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

Then again this could lead to a good outcome...

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
What a relief! Gates just announced that we should expect to be out of this mess within a couple of years.

He won't even grant the World Health Organization emergency access to key MRNA technologies. Disgraceful...

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
12 million people have had two jabs means approximately 24 million work days lost from what I have heard. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

Then again this could lead to a good outcome...
Well sort of true and not quite true. Wife and I are both retired so there was really no missed work days on our part. Matter of fact it gave us something to do. :) Daughter did miss a day who had the J&J shot. She got the shot after work on one day and was miserable the next day.

On a side note about 35 years ago I was supervising 26 hourly and 5 salaried (non-exempt salaried) employees. The union bargaining unit was clear in that other than paid holidays union workers were not paid for time missed. Strange but the slighest snow I got 5 phone calls from my salaried workers who could not make it in but all 26 hourly people were there. Go figure huh? :)

Ron

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I hit the like button before I read over the link. It looked cool, but it’s utter crap. “Dr.” Doug hasn’t published a peer reviewed paper on this or any other topic. He’s a known anti-vaxxer. We can breathe freely that we don’t need to worry about whatever he’s selling.
That there is funny. You don't accept him but you are so big on the stuff from the "grassroots people" and vitamin D.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That there is funny. You don't accept him but you are so big on the stuff from the "grassroots people" and vitamin D.
Those are publications by actual scientists, reviewed and compiled by other scientists. They represent the state of the art understanding of how vitamin D operates in the body. Doug is a consensus of one, and I'm not sure even he believes it. There's no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.