Bikes, Bikes, Bikes.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yes, I'll give him a "10".
But it would appear he was flying significantly faster than the traffic around him. :eek:
I sort of picked up on that. Sometimes when things happen, they happen fast, real fast. While I was never really wild on a bike during my much younger days I did a few maneuvers I would never do today as I figured out I am not invincible. I only remember laying down one bike and that was my 70s Honda 750. I took a wet intersection way to fast fueled by maybe a few beers.

Today my ride is a little large and heavy for playing crotch rocket and my body doesn't quite bounce as well as it once did.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The nice mail girl just delivered my current issue of HOG (Harley Owners Group) magazine which is just part of my membership stuff. The first page always has a note from the editor and after viewing the video just posted I thought I would share an opening comment.

"You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office" to which I usually think to myself yeah, but I have seen a few nut jobs riding them. I immediately thought about the video. I tried to see if the car which did the lane change had a turn signal on but it matters not as the guy on the bike seemed to be flying and had no escape route. Riding a bike requires defensive driving at entirely new limits.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The nice mail girl just delivered my current issue of HOG (Harley Owners Group) magazine which is just part of my membership stuff. The first page always has a note from the editor and after viewing the video just posted I thought I would share an opening comment.

"You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office" to which I usually think to myself yeah, but I have seen a few nut jobs riding them. I immediately thought about the video. I tried to see if the car which did the lane change had a turn signal on but it matters not as the guy on the bike seemed to be flying and had no escape route. Riding a bike requires defensive driving at entirely new limits.

Ron
Riding over railroad tracks, hitting them sideways can create a bit of a slide if your speed isn't controlled. Watch out for those loose Black Angus beef at night. Hard to see until it's too late. My friend said, had it been the Texas Long Horns across the street in the pasture the outcome could have been impalement. He's back to work after 8 months.

Stay safe everyone.

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Stupid door tricks. Some of the reasons I never cut traffic on a bike of any kind.
We called it "lane splitting" which in CA is legal for a motorcycle to do. I want to say it was maybe '76 or '77 when I was on I 5 going home from work at NAS Santa Anna to Anaheim where I lived. Even all those years ago CA was a nightmare. I avoided the lane splitting practice. I look in my mirror and see a CHIP (California Highway Patrol) coming up from behind lane split to my left. He had his alternating red spots blinking but I never heard a siren. The guy in front of me opens his driver side door to, ready for this, dump an ash tray. All I heard was the pronounced bang when the CHIP Kawasaki 900 slammed into the guys driver side door. I saw the officer getting up and I moved to my right and passed. The officer seemed good and I wasn't going to hang around in an ensuing major mess.

On a brighter side I went to a local Quaker Steak and Lube Bike Night last night and the Ohio State Patrol had two of their bikes out for display along with the troopers who ride them. They ride Harley Davidson bikes. The younger trooper (maybe mid to late 20s) had a 2012 bike and the older senior trooper a 2018 model. Nice bikes. It was good to see a few troopers out there with their bikes. With summer I am seeing plenty of motorcycle cops out and about. I may push the speed limits a little but in my older age have mellowed out. Maybe 3 hours at bike night and only two beers. :)

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Last week my local Harley Davidson distributor held their or our annual Harley Ferrari Night. We have plenty of events during the summer including rides but this is a big event. Apparently they made a frame by frame video of the main parking lot. The video is pretty cool.

Darn, now I discover the video is disabled on other websites for linking. Maybe this will work:

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001mF7N...W5OoypVbGKJrQqECcRaNTw-EYRYyDv6wKfM6-4-Xyyg==

When at the peak I figured between 700 to maybe 1,000 bikes. We raffled a new bike for the cancer drive and had food trucks and other raffles going as well as the classic car and bike show. Entry is a food drive or $10 which includes 4 drink (beer or spiked tea) tickets. There are also prizes for best bike, car and truck we members vote on. All in all it was a great afternoon and evening. A few years ago my wife and I enjoyed working the beer booth which is always fun and we have several beer booths. :)

Anyway I thought I would share the clip. I was on the far end about 3 rows back from the start.

Ron

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Ok, it’s time to bring the Bike home today, I just happen to be off work today. it’s my Birthday whoot whoot. The Bike has been in the shop getting a face lift and get it back on the road. The Bike I’m referring to is in the Thread starter.. I’ll take pics when I get there to pick it up.

Happy Friday,

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
We are getting there. While NE Ohio is not very bike friendly during the winters we did manage a few nice enough days so I got a few rides in. We are getting to spring and the temperatures slowly warming. I figure riding is something I can do and be quarantined to the bike.

killivolt, have yourself a real nice birthday and may you ride to many happy returns.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Got the bike done, I still need to get an Odometer, but ya up for sale today $2700 which I’ll put that money on some work for my Virago 1100cc

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It should sell no problem as the season gets going. I was wanting to get an older 550 Four this summer but I have to wait and see how bad the investments got hit. The 550 Four is one of those bikes I had damn near 50 years ago and I really liked it for just tooling around. Maybe if the granddaughter's like of bikes continues give it to her. She just got her drivers license.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It should sell no problem as the season gets going. I was wanting to get an older 550 Four this summer but I have to wait and see how bad the investments got hit. The 550 Four is one of those bikes I had damn near 50 years ago and I really liked it for just tooling around. Maybe if the granddaughter's like of bikes continues give it to her. She just got her drivers license.

Ron
I just put it out on the street and a guy riding past seen it. He’s going to tell his wife, I dropped it to $2500, that straight Four is like a Bullet Bike. I think he liked it, he’s going to tell his friend who’s been debating on a Bullet or Bobber, well I said this is the beauty of both worlds, right? LOL

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
One bike I really liked was a Honda 1100 Shadow, first and one of a few bikes I ever owned with a drive shaft. The bike was sharp, no Honda markings and nice black paint job. One spring I had surgery and knew my summer was shot. Walked the bike out to the curb and put a For Sale on it. Hour later it was sold and that was maybe 30 years ago. I still regret letting that bike go. I got a good price but just regret letting it go. Yours has really nice paint job but what is important is having what you want.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
One bike I really liked was a Honda 1100 Shadow, first and one of a few bikes I ever owned with a drive shaft. The bike was sharp, no Honda markings and nice black paint job. One spring I had surgery and knew my summer was shot. Walked the bike out to the curb and put a For Sale on it. Hour later it was sold and that was maybe 30 years ago. I still regret letting that bike go. I got a good price but just regret letting it go. Yours has really nice paint job but what is important is having what you want.

Ron
Love Honda also, their both a good pick the guy rode up on a bike with a fat tire. Gotta be like 1300 plus should have taken pictures, he started it as I walked pass the back of the bike and he didn’t mean to but the blowback from the pipes kicked up the leaves in the gutter spewing them outward. But ya, love the Shadows they make an awesome Bobber. Most people think it’s not good to Bob them but, it’s what I like. I like custom bikes.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
One of the carbs has an issue, he went through them new kits etc. but now if I let it idle that carb starts flooding. Gotta have him look at it again. I purchased some 110 leaded fuel we can purchase locally and legal. Put some in it today, been sitting for awhile I’m hoping that it will loosen any gunk from the Tank as it was sitting for 4 years before I bought it and sat another 4 or so years. So, I’m sure its pretty bad, that 110 will loosen up any crap in the tank.

kv

Edit: Otherwise I’ll have to pull the carbs off and tweak the bowls, Also will have to pull the tank and do a good cleaning.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Been there and played that game. When I got my current bike it had been setting up. The mileage for a '92 was only 5,000. It would leak fuel so needed the carb rebuilt. I always wondered why my cruise control wouldn't work? :) Come to find out the carb was not Harley (surprise) but someone put a Mikuni polished carb on the bike. I have to wonder who puts a racing carb on a 92 FLHT Electra Glide? With a full tour package to boot? Found the kit but yeah, the float sticks, sometimes mine would leak and sometimes not and the carb is not compatible with the cruise control system. Rebuilt the carb and since the bike was then 25 years old replaced all the seals. Someone also put a reverse kit on the bike which does work but I never use because of how far I need to bend to get to the reverse shiftier. That kit alone was $1,500 or so.

Last year my battery quit charging. Again, someone put a high output alternator system on the thing. Three phase and the problem was the regulator but had to buy the full kit $400 because I can't just buy the regulator, so now I have a spare new stator. Apparently when the bike was new someone put a good buck into it. I removed some of the original dressing as just not me. :)

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I guess that kid who sold me the bike, when he roached the wiring on the front tire then in the middle of the night tried to find the wires to make he headlamp work shorted one of the modules. Luckily he gave me a complete harness with new modules, I told the guy to put them on but he forgot, one carb was flooding but he got that fixed, runs like a champ. I’ve turned down offers as is $2700, every day I keep it I wan’t to put more work into it, I just received a check fraud goes like this......

Re:
Okay I'm cool with the price & the condition as described on the ad on
site. I'll like to buy it asap and i will be sending a certified check from
my bank to you overnight via USPS within 24hours delivery,reply me back
with your name and address to send the check out and will also arrange
shipment through my shipper after you have cash at hand thanks
Which they either print checks in the basement, a cashiers check won’t clear for a week or they write the check above the amount of purchase, when you cash the check it bounces and you owe the bank and they have your Home, car, item. Which they have already had a buyer for before they even tried to purchase.

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yay, got out yesterday and today for some ride time. Finally a few nice days and today had a bonus of sunshine. Now all I want is for the bars up along the lake to open. :) Going to get cold again for a few weeks after today. This Ohio weather sucks! I did notice on my way home my charge rate dropped, I have more damn headaches with that aftermarket 3 phase stator and regulator.

Which they either print checks in the basement, a cashiers check won’t clear for a week or they write the check above the amount of purchase, when you cash the check it bounces and you owe the bank and they have your Home, car, item. Which they have already had a buyer for before they even tried to purchase.

kv
Sometimes you can't win. :)

Ron

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I’m working on a new motorized bike for a nephew. He tried to put it together and couldn’t figure out how to put the rear wheel back together. Good thing too, it needed a lot more work to get it right, welded reinforcements for the rear wheel turnout. Keeps it nice and stiff for the motor. Pictures coming. Took all the chinese hardware off and replaced them with grade 8.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Can’t wait, I’m begging to think I should do some work on this one and let it sit over the winter tweeking the look.

I need a lift though, can’t stoop like I use to.

kv