Bikes, Bikes, Bikes.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A good friend of mine bought one of those containers. Had I not just built a garage I was going to make room in my shed. The containers work just fine. As I recall it came at a good price too, seems we have more coming over than going back to China. :)

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
A good friend of mine bought one of those containers. Had I not just built a garage I was going to make room in my shed. The containers work just fine. As I recall it came at a good price too, seems we have more coming over than going back to China. :)

Ron
$2400 delivered.

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Been some years ago but I think my friend paid about $1800 delivered. Again maybe close to 8 years ago here in the Cleveland, Ohio suburbs, actually he is in the farm country not quite the burbs. :)

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
My missi9ng in action period. :)

The good news is I am doing OK, my bike3 not so much. :(

Friday, October 9th 2020was just one of those days. A day perfect for a nice ride. With my wife doing well I decided a nice ride was in order. Many are familiar with the saying in the motorcycle worlds that it isn't a matter if you will dump a bike but when. I started riding at 19 years old and am currently 70. I met my "when". Beautiful day and cruising along back into west side of Cleveland, Ohio suburbs. I was southbound on W117st heading to the I 90 Interstate to get me back to my side of town. The area was a classic scene from the song by Chicago, Saturday in the Park. This is where I allowed my attention to drift to looking at the people and sucking in the beauty of the afternoon.

Looked back forward only to realize the car in front of me was hard braking, no clue why but I knew I was screwed. I hard braked rear and front hearing the screeching of my tires on the pavement. The bike pulled (slid) hard left as it went down. Things happened fast, real fast. I felt my helmet impacts on the pavement as a bounce or two. I couldn't move so no view of my position other than pavement in my face. Breathing was difficult and hurt. I heard the voices of two girls enquiring my name so I answered Ron. They told me they were both registered nurses on their way to work and that police and a squad had been called. They were two of the most comforting voices I had ever heard. They actually held my hand and assured me they would remain right there with me till the squad showed up. Two other motorcycle riders came forward to lift my bike off of me. I was bent and stuck under the bike, all 850 pounds of it. Damn pain was unbelievable.

Moving me to a backboard sucked With some effort they got me loaded into the squad and I was being transported to Cleveland Metro Health. Cleveland Metro Health has a fully equipped ER including a Level 1 Trauma Center. They come from PA, Indiana and Kentucky to get the level of care. Gun Shot, stabbing and severe injury accidents all end up here. The Trauma unit ER was amazing as a team of people converged on me. Asking questions and taking images. They did give me some Morphine which really helped. It hurt just to breath. Questions and answers among themselves as data was collected. Questions for me to. It was surreal as if everything was done from a script. I ended up in the Level 1 Trauma ICU with 5 broken ribs all left side and a busted up (bones chipped) left ankle. Fortunately no broken ribs puncturing a lung so that was good. They were fixing to cut off my denim jeans jacked but I stopped them and said lets just get me out of it. Can't hurt much worse than I do now. Damn jacket is a $300 jacket! The jacket saved some skin and the boots reduced the ankle damage. The helmet also spared me any major head trauma. Funny as during my younger years I seldom if ever wore a helmet (no need as we were all invincible. Today I always were a helmet.

From my room I could watch the endless string of helicopters coming to the helicopter pads. Talk about a busy place. I can't begin to say enough good about everyone and not just my ER team but everyone in my life from the moment the bike went down. Oh and the police officer did inform me I never did hit the vehicle in front of me. I did manage a stop before impacting the vehicle.

After a week I got a step down to critical care which was nice. Vitals were taken periodically but I was not wired and monitored 24/7. Overall the food was OK, not great but OK. :)

After 2 weeks at Cleveland Metro I was moved to a nice rehab facility in the Cleveland suburbs. After a week there I wanted home. Still hurting pretty good but am happy to be hurting in our home. :)

Eon