Being a Moderator

Definately. The Bremsstrahlung effect has caused leukemia. A friend of mine died a couple of decades ago because of irradiation linked to Bremsstrahlung.
Sadly, any form of energy may be destructive via misapplication or mishap:( --- That said, bremsstrahlung radiation has saved many millions of lives by dint of its diagnostic value alone...

Very best regards
HP

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Thank you TMC, I ws starting to think maybe i was wrong, but I have to face the fact there is a vendetta against me, and I cant win.
All right, that is just about enough. Let's get the whole story out. Special effort was expended on your behalf by @bertus to restore your account after you lost your login info. Your 2ed post after that was bashing RK. You were asked to stop ragging on RK and further, to not make posts disparaging any other members. You did not do so. You were brought into a PM conversation by @Wendy and asked, nicely, to lay off RK. Your conduct in that PM was disgraceful. Had it been my call, I would have banned you that very night. To her credit, Wendy was willing to let it drop and let you stay since you agreed to our request. Then, the very next day, you broke your promise. When called out on that, you again went off on a similar tirade in another PM and that is why you got the 3 day ban. And you know it. Now you are crying foul and accusing the staff of favoritism that isn't going your way. You were insisting that you be able to interpret the rules here to suit yourself and to be able to determine what constituted abuse and what doesn't. What nonsense.

In your deleted post you said:
There are too many forums out there for me to worry about a ban here.
So what are you waiting for? Find one.
My gut feeling is in the long run I will be around alot longer than you, mentally I honestly think you are not going to handle whats ahead and I can wait
I think we can handle it.

@Little Ghostman

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Since John brought up RK..... The thing with him is he has been a member here for a while. If you look at his old postings, you could tell there was a language barrier but thats OK. He did ask some questions that made sense. He then stopped posting for a while or cut down the number of posts, both here and over at ETO. All good so far.

Then at ETO he asked for and got a name change, from RK to Koolguy. And thats when his posting made a big change. He started asking weird questions and 'shotgun' posting. Was asked to stop and then went through the ban "steps" to aa permanent ban.

Then he came back here full time and started the weird questions and shotgun posting. When a couple of people took him under their wing and tried to help him with math, he spun that into a whole other 'thing'. And when it looked like they wouldn't give up on the math help, he gave up on them. And concentrated on shotgun posting full time.

So the question is was he being a troll? Looks like it since he changed his way of posting, from sincere to frivolous/troll worthy. If he had been a new member he would of never been "picked on", it's his "change" that made it that way.

All right, that is just about enough. Let's get the whole story out. Special effort was expended on your behalf by @bertus to restore your account after you lost your login info. Your 2ed post after that was bashing RK. You were asked to stop ragging on RK and further, to not make posts disparaging any other members. You did not do so. You were brought into a PM conversation by @Wendy and asked, nicely, to lay off RK. Your conduct in that PM was disgraceful. Had it been my call, I would have banned you that very night. To her credit, Wendy was willing to let it drop and let you stay since you agreed to our request. Then, the very next day, you broke your promise. When called out on that, you again went off on a similar tirade in another PM and that is why you got the 3 day ban. And you know it. Now you are crying foul and accusing the staff of favoritism that isn't going your way. You were insisting that you be able to interpret the rules here to suit yourself and to be able to determine what constituted abuse and what doesn't. What nonsense.

In your deleted post you said:
So what are you waiting for? Find one.
I think we can handle it.

@Little Ghostman

I would have no problem of you posting the entire pm, you state

"All right, that is just about enough. Let's get the whole story out"

I did not break my promise or continue to pick on RK, I posted a pic that was considered agaisnt the TOS, and yet as was pointed out by someone else that pic is on the forum with comments far worse than mine being made from a moderator.

"Now you are crying foul and accusing the staff of favoritism that isn't going your way. You were insisting that you be able to interpret the rules here to suit yourself and to be able to determine what constituted abuse and what doesn't. What nonsense."

Again this is a distortion, I have posted what I feel unfair application of the rules, however it is deleted straight away so others are unable to see this. Nothing that has been deleted was rude or against TOS, it did however clearly show how I am being treated completely different from others.

Yes this isnt a democracy and I except that, but what I dislike more than anything is what I would consider 'untruths'. Statements that declare fairness and equal treatment, and yet when I post anything that shows this is far from true there is an immediate cover up of the truth.

So in essence its not the unfair application of the rules its the blatant lies about free speech ad vocation and equal application of rules for all members that really gets me. I would much prefer it if false declarations were not being made.

I feel this is a legitimate concern that should be allowed to be viewed.

If I am so completely wrong then why not post the complete pm? You have presented a biased view that I have no chance of correcting because it would be deleted if I posted it.

What is so wrong with being upfront and admitting there is a bias of how rules are applied? afteral it has already been stated this isnt a democracy so I dont understand why you wish to hide the double standards?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Okay everyone take a step back form the AAC table and take you OCD meds until you feel comfortable with the idea of petting your favorite cat backwards.:rolleyes:

It's in the best interests of the community. :p

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I am not going to argue with you. I stand behind what I said.
You had your opportunity to discuss the abusive posts AND the deleted pictures with the entire staff in PM. You went away unhappy. That is because you insist on interpreting what is and is not acceptable behavior according to your own standards. It doesn't work that way. The standards enforced at those of the owner's of AAC and as outlined in the TOS/UA. The staff exercises great care and does due diligence when interpreting TOS/UA issues to try to accommodate a wide variety of personalities and viewpoints and we allow things on a daily basis that are technically in violation of TOS/UA but that the community has deemed acceptable. But there is a framework within which conduct must be confined. Individual cases that push the limits of that framework can be and are considered as they come up. Reports come in and the staff confers. PM conversations are conducted. Most issues get resolved, if not to everyone's complete satisfaction (including ours sometimes), at least to the point where an understanding is reached and the business of the forum can continue.

Your post insists that you be able to decide for yourself how the business of AAC is conducted. You don't get to do that.

@tcmtech Good advice. And my cat used to love being rubbed backwards. Maybe that's one of my problems.. Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I would have no problem of you posting the entire pm, you state

"All right, that is just about enough. Let's get the whole story out"

I did not break my promise or continue to pick on RK, I posted a pic that was considered agaisnt the TOS, and yet as was pointed out by someone else that pic is on the forum with comments far worse than mine being made from a moderator.

"Now you are crying foul and accusing the staff of favoritism that isn't going your way. You were insisting that you be able to interpret the rules here to suit yourself and to be able to determine what constituted abuse and what doesn't. What nonsense."

Again this is a distortion, I have posted what I feel unfair application of the rules, however it is deleted straight away so others are unable to see this. Nothing that has been deleted was rude or against TOS, it did however clearly show how I am being treated completely different from others.

Yes this isnt a democracy and I except that, but what I dislike more than anything is what I would consider 'untruths'. Statements that declare fairness and equal treatment, and yet when I post anything that shows this is far from true there is an immediate cover up of the truth.

So in essence its not the unfair application of the rules its the blatant lies about free speech ad vocation and equal application of rules for all members that really gets me. I would much prefer it if false declarations were not being made.

I feel this is a legitimate concern that should be allowed to be viewed.

If I am so completely wrong then why not post the complete pm? You have presented a biased view that I have no chance of correcting because it would be deleted if I posted it.

What is so wrong with being upfront and admitting there is a bias of how rules are applied? afteral it has already been stated this isnt a democracy so I dont understand why you wish to hide the double standards?
LG,
How about if they changed the TOS to read something like this:
Threads or posts may be locked or deleted at the discretion of the moderators if we think they will cause conflict among members.
It seems fair to me, after all it is their playground we are playing on and they are trying to make it fun for all people - smart or not so smart.
You have a lot to contribute here. Go help someone and have some fun! :D This is not fun.:(
I for one would hate to see you banned, but I have no doubt it will happen if this conversation goes on much longer.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This is already given in the UA, as point 5:

Role of the Moderators. The Moderators are here to help the membership. If a moderator believes that a question will draw more attention or help in another forum, they may move the thread to draw more responses. If a topic or post has accidentally been duplicated, they will remove the extraneous post. A new topic that repeats a previous topic might be merged for the convenience of the membership. Moderators may also offer occasional encouragement to keep debates civil, should the need arise. When debates become heated the Moderators reserve the right to closed or moderate threads and posts that may be deemed unsuitable in the wider interests of the community.

The Administration and Moderating Team reserves the right to edit your posts, threads, and user information in any way they deem necessary. The Moderators will only do such a thing if there is a reason and such reasons will not be questioned. Reposting content that was removed by The Moderators will result in swift action and a ban.

Although the All About Circuits Administration and Moderation Team will attempt to keep all objectionable posts and threads off this forum, it is impossible for Us to review all messages. Therefore if You come across post or threads that violate Our User Agreement, or contain any offensive, illegal, or otherwise contentious content on The All About Circuits Forums, please alert a member of the Administration and Moderating Team and we will deal with the offending content. Please report offending posts using the
button.
As you can read, if we think that posts are deemed unsuitable in the wider interests of the community, we may edit or delete them.

Bertus

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm with ronv. Life isn't fair. Tough. Take your lumps like a man and resume normal activities. This site has enough symptoms of OCD and Asperger's Syndrome without your contribution. Spending your days complaining is a waste of your time, and mine, LGM.

I have had posts deleted. Sometimes I was in agreement, sometimes I wasn't. What I didn't do was use up Internet bandwidth trying to argue about who was "right". I'm not the boss here and neither are you.

@Little Ghostman

You speak of inequality -- but have you considered that your disrespectful demeanor might have something to do with the 'thin ice' you currently find yourself on? --- I guarantee that any other member carrying on as you have would receive the same 'treatment' -- I have seen your posts on this thread prior to deletion and I must say that I found some of them extremely rude and 'stealthily' (if transparently) defamatory (covert references to ostensible 'mental illness', etc...) --- IMNSHO the Mods have cut you an amazing amount of 'slack' considering the vituperativeness of your ongoing tantrum...

With constructive intent
HP

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
As you can read, if we think that posts are deemed unsuitable in the wider interests of the community, we may edit or delete them.
As I said in post 2, I will opine if my reading was different that your reading. That doesn't mean you have to do anything other than what was already done, it does mean however, that everyone's reading can be different.

RK may have been a PITA, but popular opinion of the membership doesn't make it OK to take adverse action against RK. If RK was adjudicated to be a troll, then I'm sure the moderating team would have taken the appropriate action.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
Moderators do what moderators do according to the TOS. There isn't much, if anything, you can do to change this.

Threads like this don't do much to promote the site and I think most of this should have been done via PM and all parties involved should cool it down a little. It's an electronics forum at the end of the day and can do without all this s**t.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
As I said in post 2, I will opine if my reading was different that your reading. That doesn't mean you have to do anything other than what was already done, it does mean however, that everyone's reading can be different.
I think thats the #1 problem right there. Not everyone gets the same out of what they read as everyone else. I see people fussing over comments that I personally see absolutely zero problem with.

Its like an episode I had with my wife a while back. She just vacuumed the living room floor and I came walking in with my black socks on and apparently I left a microscopic speck of dark sock lint behind. Holy hell broke out and by her reactions and words you would have though I just came in and sh!t my pants right down into my socks and then wrung everything out on the living room carpet. Seriously that's how wild her reaction was and the level of insult she took from it.

Personally I see a lot of that on this forum too. What is nothing of concern to most people a few here take as severe personal insult and then run with it.

So what exactly are we or the moderators supposed to do then? Cater to the person or persons with the highest sensitivities or act like rational human beings and take what was done for what it really is which is most often nothing. Given my views of what I read I would rather tell the overly sensitive types who are reading way too much personal insult into things to go stuff themselves then concern myself with having to watch every word or sentence I write incase some over sensitive half with might read it wrong and not like it.

As for how the fuss with my wife went I pretty much told her I would keep things picked up to the level I find acceptable and if that's not good enough for her she can take it from there or leave. *

*Well we all know how that eventually turned out. :p