Basic electronics, configuration of OPAMP circuit on breadboard

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Okay, i will look into that option then, just have to find a module that are in europe - so i wouldnt have to wait that long for it tho.
There are many versions of it since PWM to 0-10V is bog standard automation stuff. You will even find them in housings.

In the meantime, or alternatively, you could build up @ericgibbs circuit which is designed for your purpose. I really don't know if it would be a good or better than my approach but you have the parts and you can test.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Note that the original circuit has two high-pass filters and two low-pass filters. All of them will work to distort the "squareness" of a square-wave pulse waveform.

ak

OPTSimon

Joined Mar 24, 2021
There are many versions of it since PWM to 0-10V is bog standard automation stuff. You will even find them in housings.

In the meantime, or alternatively, you could build up @ericgibbs circuit which is designed for your purpose. I really don't know if it would be a good or better than my approach but you have the parts and you can test.
Yah i will atleast look into it - but i have the parts, if i can use the same OPAMP model ? since i have all the resistors in house so. But do you believe it would work with my DAC pin ? just so i understand the configuration correctly.

OPTSimon

Joined Mar 24, 2021
Note that the original circuit has two high-pass filters and two low-pass filters. All of them will work to distort the "squareness" of a square-wave pulse waveform.

ak
Hmm that might be one of the reasons for the decrease rather fast - but thanks for the note :)

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hmmm just an exstra look - when i am looking at the PDF of the module, it only says it requires analog input ?

I am so thankfull for you guys want to help me out here.
A microphone, as in the example, produces an AC analog signal. AC is not digital, it's analog.

OPTSimon

Joined Mar 24, 2021
A microphone, as in there example, prides an AC analog signal. AC is not digital, it's analog.

Okay, yah i wondered about it, but i just though i could make an analog signal to amplify and it would work as well.
but thanks for the clarification.
I will try to make the simple circuit example in here and give it the analog signal from my arduino and see if i can get it to work.

OPTSimon

Joined Mar 24, 2021
hi
OK,
Who programmed the Duo and what waveform , frequency etc.. is being output from the pin.?
E
I am, but its just a basic script:

int led = 31;
// declaring varibles for function
char user_input;
int state;

void setup() {
pinMode(led, OUTPUT);
pinMode(DAC0, OUTPUT);

// setup for the active menu
Serial.begin(9600); //Open Serial connection for debugging
Serial.println("Trigger / DAC for the OPamp ");
Serial.println();
//Print function list for user selection
Serial.println("Enter number for control option:");
Serial.println("1. HIGH value");
Serial.println("2. LOW value");
Serial.println("3. test.");

Serial.println();
}

void loop() {
// range between 0-4095 and for safety do go over 4000, since if the value is to high it can burn the DAC.
while(Serial.available()){
user_input = Serial.read(); //Read user input and trigger appropriate function
if (user_input =='1')
{
analogWriteResolution(12);
analogWrite(DAC0,4000);
delay(10);
Serial.println("value high");
}
else if(user_input =='2')
{
analogWriteResolution(12);
analogWrite(DAC0,0);
delay(10);
Serial.println("value LOW");
}
else if(user_input =='3')
{
//analogWriteResolution(12);
//analogWrite(DAC0,4000);
}
else
{
Serial.println("Option finished.");
}

}
}

It basically just sets the DAC output to max when i press 1 in the serial monitor and goes to 0 when i press 2.
meaning it should give 2.75v or something like that when it goes high and 0.5 ish when it goes low.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Simon,
If you are driving the Duo output with a 0V and say 2.5V as a Step function and feeding that into an AC amplifier all you will get is a Spike output!!

Try an undulating signal from the DAC.
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi Simon
Ref this image from a sim.
E
Quote:
It basically just sets the DAC output to max when i press 1 in the serial monitor and goes to 0 when i press 2.
meaning it should give 2.75v or something like that when it goes high and 0.5 ish when it goes low.

If you are driving the Duo output with a 0V and say 2.5V as a Step function and feeding that into an AC amplifier all you will get is a Spike output!!

Attachments

OPTSimon

Joined Mar 24, 2021
hi Simon,

Try an undulating signal from the DAC.
E
Hi Eric

With my lasts circuit i got something like this with high and about 180 degrees flipped once i got it "low" :
1616591884699.png

But when i measure the output directly from the dac pin its a "constant" level change - if that make sense?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Simon
The R/C AC coupling in your amp is differentiating the square wave input pulse edges.
Use a much faster modulation signal from the Duo.

E

OPTSimon

Joined Mar 24, 2021
hi Simon
The R/C AC coupling in your amp is differentiating the square wave input pulse edges.
Use a much faster modulation signal from the Duo.

E
From what i can get out of the DAC pin, that would be the "highest value" i can get out without burning it.
So i am not sure what you are suggesting i should use - since i direct digital pin would also give a similar value? (3,3V but still) and there i wouldnt be able to adjust the output beside high low?