Which push button switch do I need?

Thread Starter


Joined Apr 6, 2024
Dear All,

I want to install a so-called 'kill switch' in my electric guitar and I need a specific switch that DOES allow electricity to pass through in 'normal' mode, but NOT when you press it. The switch should also spring back automatically when you press it.

I found the following on bol.com but would like to know what exactly is meant by OFF-(ON) with this switch. Is this a switch I could use with my requirements?

Thank you in advance!

Gr. Jelle


Joined Mar 10, 2019
You would need a Normally Closed (NC) momentary push button switch. Check the voltage/current rating of the switch to make sure it can handle whatever "power" you are passing to the guitar.
Using the term you posted, it would be something like ON ~ (OFF)