Which motor in picture and how to repair it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
<snip> Rf!@@ your response seems a bit meaningless. "wind the wire on a bobbin and put it in" ??.
Put what in the wire or the bobbin? and where?. And a picture of a sewing bobbin???.
RRITESH KAKKAR, If you can post here I'm sure you can find a manual on electric motor rewinding even in your first language. You need to understand some basics, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's not sensor. It's a thermal Protector. Do you understand the meaning of thermal ?

Nothing we say can make you understand how the wire are wound and installed unless you check you tube for such video's

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
It's not sensor. It's a thermal Protector. Do you understand the meaning of thermal ?
thermal mean temperature related.
it open at high temperature.
according to its datasheet.

Nothing we say can make you understand how the wire are wound and installed unless you check you tube for such video's
you can drawn in paint or sheet.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Just now i have repaired an led board of customer.
it was having blast fuse SMPs 12V 2A and transformer may be 12-0-12V centre tap transformer was fine.
and the CD4017 plus 555 chip with TIP122
were shorted may be some problem overall i have replace the transformer and made rectifier.

Now, i want to move in motor and understand it work practically.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
All right , just for fun I will attempt to tell Ritesh how to go about rewinding the motor.
(1) Count the number of slots in the stator
(2) Separate the wound coils and determine how many coils are in each slot
(3) Cut a full coil and count the number of wires in a coil(Check if there are different sizes of wire in any coils)
(4) Measure the size of the wire(accurately) and check against common winding wire and select new wire.
(5) Count the span of a coil (number of slots it encompasses) and determine coil pitch
(6) Remove coils and try to make up a coil former from removed coils to suit.
(7) Wind new wire onto coil former to match turns counted in step 3
(8) clean and reinsulate coil slots as required
(9) insert new coils(with correct insulation etc) in correct order as removed
(10) connect ends of coils as required(wire in new thermal protection also)
(11) tidy up coil ends ,tie off as required check insulation with Megger
(12) Assemble motor, power on, light blue touch paper and retire.
By no means exhaustive list but it will give you a start.
Oh , thats right, you ground the motor to bits!. Oh well don't bother then, buy a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.