Which motor in picture and how to repair it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Yes we knew that before you took it apart, didn't you think to use Google to see what types of motor there are first. Probably a squirrel cage type, or asynchronous motor.

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The proverb means, you have used too much energy to do a small job, when a little energy would have been successful.

The result for you is you have destroyed it.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
The proverb means, you have used too much energy to do a small job, when a little energy would have been successful.

The result for you is you have destroyed it.
I was trying to open it but not opening the rivet
then i decide to cut as it was of not used.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I have this motor also and used to.
Can i learn how to wind motor from it??

link
I say, good for you. If it was assembled it can be disassembled. If it was built, it can be rebuilt. It may not be practical, but it doesn't take an EE degree to do it. The guy at the local motor repair shop probably does not have a degree. A degree is a good thing (if you are designing the motor).

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am not interested to repair only learn how the winding work
there is lap and wave winding which is this and how the pole north and south work here.
the center armature rotating is only iron type part there is no winding.
The windings condition looked OK, I did not see any burnt windings?
See this for re- winding or coil disposition..
Max.

Attachments

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I am not interested to repair only learn how the winding work
there is lap and wave winding which is this and how the pole north and south work here.
the center armature rotating is only iron type part there is no winding.
While not a "wire" winding, there is a shorted "wire" in the rotor. It's made of cast aluminum, and is part of the fan blades in a rotor. Google, 'induction motor rotor', to see.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
FWIW, in my experience many consumer grade laundry machine motors are literally glued together (each 'shell' to the field laminations) and nearly impossible to correctly realign (for want of reference) when reassembling -- So... perhaps nothing was lost -- this time out:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP:)

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Drill the rivet. They had to buy the rivet when they made the motor, so it must be available for purchase.
Hello,
I was not aware of this method.

I say, good for you. If it was assembled it can be disassembled. If it was built, it can be rebuilt. It may not be practical, but it doesn't take an EE degree to do it. The guy at the local motor repair shop probably does not have a degree. A degree is a good thing (if you are designing the motor).
Yes, i want to learn both.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I don't understand the 3 winding simultaneously.
Which type of winding winding is this lap or wave?
how the conductor is designed how many turn?
The spinning of making run very fast how to find the speed of motor.

How to find the number of pole?

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I would refute that, it most likely is riveted together, if so it is a simple to drill them out and replace with machine screws.
It appears to be a standard induction motor, but I would be very surprised if it is a shaded pole motor with no capacitor for W.M. use.
If you can see any brushes internally then it is a Universal motor, they were used for W.M.'s very frequently some years ago, but not usually seen now.
But the rotor appears to be a squirrel cage type of an induction motor.
M.
There are no brushes.
How to count pole in it as you can see i upload pic there are total 24 gap 'n' up what to say it 12 poles??
how the wining is one a other thing like conductor which type of wining
only two wire are working 3rd one is not working.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Rivets: see post #13

To find out the pole count, it will be either 2 or 4, power the run winding with low voltage DC and use a compass to detect # of fields.
See PDF in #29
Max.

OK, will ii place Needle at north face it move to south west appr while the motor is off there is some magnet in wining.
can't guess what is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.