Where to find a U.FL to header cable?

coinmaster

Joined Dec 24, 2015
I need a U.FL to female header cable like the one shown in this picture

But I can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet. Any clue where one exists?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Seems like complete nonsense to me. If one end requires UFL and 50 ohm coax cable, what good will it do when you make a huge impedance discontinuity and connect it to a 100mil header? The result at the header will most likely not be useful signal but rather garbage.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
When something as common as those connectors are is not available "anywhere," there is usually a reason. And the solution should you be so inclined is to make it yourself or salvage it from another device if you can find one.

Admittedly, connecting to the U.FL connector can be difficult, but pigtails are readily available, which is what I thought you wanted. You can then attach whatever you want to the other end(s).

coinmaster

Joined Dec 24, 2015
Seems like complete nonsense to me. If one end requires UFL and 50 ohm coax cable, what good will it do when you make a huge impedance discontinuity and connect it to a 100mil header? The result at the header will most likely not be useful signal but rather garbage.
Are you saying I can't use this for Mclock transfer? I need to connect Mclock on an Amanero to a fifo board, the Amanero uses header pins and the fifo has only a U.FL connection for Mclock slave output.