What's up Croc?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The way that guy is holding that rig seems pretty complacent to me. I've never wrangled a gator, so this is a very uninformed observation, but it just seems like if that gator decided that that guy looked threatening (or just tasty) that that pole would be out of his hand and that gator on him pretty quickly. Maybe the time of day and temperature mean that the gator is pretty lethargic and compliant right now.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://www.winknews.com/2017/02/09/golfer-uses-putter-to-fight-gator-at-magnolia-landing/
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. Every golfer needs a putter he can rely on — especially when an alligator decides to play through.

North Fort Myers resident Tony Aarts used his Cleveland Golf putter to subdue a 10-foot gator that attacked him Wednesday as he was approaching the fourth hole at Magnolia Landing Golf & Country Club.

“As I was walking about 5 to 6 feet away from the water I heard a splash, and as soon as I heard that splash I knew it was an alligator, and he got me,” Aarts said.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Actually it looks like the biggest danger on the golf course is not gator's but Cancer.
Just watched a Can. documentary on cancer deaths among golfers, particularly greens keepers, on a par with farmers.
Due to the unregulated usage of weedkillers and pesticides.
Regular golfers also had a unusually high prevalence of Cancer .
Max.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Actually it looks like the biggest danger on the golf course is not gator's but Cancer.
Just watched a Can. documentary on cancer deaths among golfers, particularly greens keepers, on a par with farmers.
Due to the unregulated usage of pesticides.
Regular golfers also had a unusually high prevalence of Cancer .
Max.
I guess they should stick to hookers and booze instead of golf. Those things are so much safer.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Alligators have been documented to run down and devour horses. An alligator can easily out run a horse.

The only reason people don't know this.......is for decades......alligators where open season.

I don't know if google is aware of this. But many Florida museums have the docs.

If you let the gators get big...............they are very different. And I don't mean just finding a big gator once in a while.

I mean letting the whole gator population grow.

Edit:............that's why there is an open season.