What's up Croc?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Do natives of Florida have some kind of mental block when it entails going into natural open waters?
That article didn't say the woman was a, "native of Florida".
When you count the alligators and the people, I think we have a very good record of not feeding the critters.
"according to statistics from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission. In 2015, there were 9 major attacks,"
Then again, some people just have a generous helping of stupid.:rolleyes:
When my mother moved to Florida, I had to tell her not to keep a good grip on the dog's leash when walking it next to the lake.
"Alligators think small dogs are Scoobie snacks."

(Yes, I just called my mother stupid.)

Out on the lake in a boat, I shined my flashlight along the bank and saw 20 pairs of eyes looking back at me. Natives of Florida have plenty of opportunities to figure out how stupid it is to swim in fresh water!

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
This happens all the time down there. At least it used to. Even when the gator numbers were low years ago, you wouldn't believe the number of gator bites at golf course ponds.

And you could tell when a large gator came into your neighborhood. Small dogs and cats go missing first.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
you could tell when a large gator came into your neighborhood. Small dogs and cats go missing first.
Hmmm...thinking about that "Cat Headquarters" under my car...

Must make sure no alligators take up residence there.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Man is supposed to be an apex predator. Looking at the physical condition of most of mankind leaves me wondering if this is correct. Most of us resemble chattel more than predators.

Thanks McDonald's. :)

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
They have now added "Croc" signs at most of the parks/recreational watering holes..

I was just in Florida on vacation and went to Blue Springs for my "Discover Scuba" course..
There were a crap load of people there in the water on tubes,etc..
My instructor called it the "Redneck Riviera"..
Amazing the difference in people from the beach to those springs..

Looking up during scuba it was like being at the bottom of a Cheerio bowl looking at butts and feet all over the place..