Well, finally i think i may have a plan :O)

RAH1379

Joined Dec 13, 2005
The ETA has several courses you can get in books, or on disc, or online with tutors. I think the online courses are good for 5 months, the disc you keep and study as long as you wish, like the books. The iscet cet exam is pretty indepth and you would probably be better off with the ETA exams because they come in parts, dc first, then ac, then semicondutors, then digital i think. with the ETA the certification is for life while the CETa is only for 4 years. Also the fcc general radiotelephone operators licence is for life and its more directed toward communications electronics while the CET and ETA exams are on basic electronics with other specialized test you can take later to cover different areas of electronics.If you are starting at the beginning the ETA courses on DC first, then Ac, then Semicondutors, and then Digital would be the way to go.

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
Thank you rah1379, would i be better off doing the ETA first or going for the radio/telephone operators license? also, is the radio operators license a course or just a test?

I do like the sound of the ETA how it is broken down into the different groups seems pretty basic and a great place to start off. But i just wondered if i should probably go with the ETA first then the radio operator license... i am thinking the ETA first and the operators license second incase the radio operators license is just a test and no classes or course..