Well, finally i think i may have a plan :O)

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
There are some interesting projects in there as well as stuff for instructors to use for troubleshooting and tests. You will really want to be able to do the calcs, I don't like them either, but they are absolutely essential. I did the long calcs for BJT amps, and I found them BORING... But series and parallel calcs are VERY important. Each component has a tool box where you can creat a short or open.Here's a pic for you. 12 volts/200 ohms = .06 amps(60 milliamps) 60 milliamps x 100 ohms = 6 volts.
For parallel circuits, 1/(1/100ohms +1/100 ohms) or 1/ (.01+.01) = 50 ohms (the total resistance in a parallel circuit will always be smaller than the smallest resistor in parallel.) 12volts/50ohms = .24 amps or 240 milliamps. The current is shared by both resistors.

Attachments

Last edited:

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Just so I don't lose your focus, you cannot troubleshoot a circuit if you do not know what the voltage is supposed to be. You won't always have a schematic, and replacing a fried transistor won't do you any good if a bad resistor is causing too much current to the base.:rolleyes: This stuff IS important. Boring, but it gets much better shortly. EVERYONE... I'm trying to be general, and correct, so don't hesitate to correct me or put in your two cents... Here is a transistor circuit. If Resistor 1 shorts, you'll get this voltage, and Mr. transistor is toast.(base current > 200mA = TOAST)

Attachments

Last edited:

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
Looswire... well, too many plugged in the wall surprise there is no fire yet lol

No no just kidding, i actually have my pc, monitor, speakers, battery charger for my power drill plugged in now.

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Hi loosewire, How much energy does a wallwart on standby use, is it the resistance in the primary being converted to heat?

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
yes i would not mind the easy to understand suggestion.... I have read on ac, i know ac is the stepped up by a transformer when the ac is going long distances. once the ac reaches destination i know that it is stepped down to 120 for household use.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Would you like the instantaneously process in slow motion along with tony
or do you want explain it to me so I can understand It. a.c to d.c. with diode.
draw It out. Getting concept in mind makes book reading easier to understand.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
For basic you olny need one diode,maybe some one with drawing
ability will jump in. It how the cap and resistor Is used that tells a easy
explaination to understand. Once you get this basic in mind you won't need
paper,It will be In your mind forever,come on guys I need help drawing
sine wave down to cheap ripple.

Last edited:

RAH1379

Joined Dec 13, 2005
go to the iscet website and find out about the cet certification, and go to the fcc.gov site and study for your grol. you can get both these certifications for less than 200 dollars and there are lots of jobs around chicago and the northern half of Illinois listed daily online at places like monster.com ,career builders,and many others. I watch them everyday and northern Illinois has lots of electronic jobs.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Sorry my computer advises not to open files,If you can't draw that
simple curcuit another way I have to move on nice communicating
with you.I need to have better computer skills to draw diagrams on
screen. I hope your files help Tony. Talk to you later,some one will
see this and draw that curcuit.

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
The only way I found is through photobucket, and that is a pain. You could save them to your flashdrive, then do a virus scan on that drive...

Last edited:

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
Rah1379, thanks for responding to my thread and mentioning the iscet website. i went to it and when i get home i will dive into reading on the site seems alot of info is there.

Did you use the iscet.org website yourself? I took a look at it right now and see there is two different areas for electronics right? There is the cet and then there is the esa which is which or what is the difference between the two?

Also, it says online learning but i see a dvd on the site when i look online learing. do you pay and then have access to the online as well as the dvd ? thanks

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
Also, how good is getting either the esa or cet certification then getting an associates degree in electronic/computer automation? which would be better to get the associates degree from a community college or from the iscet.org?

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
sorry guys, i had jury duty yesterday and for some reason tuesday i could not access the website for the rest of the night but seems fine now...

Can someone talk to me about this iscet website? seems like i was pointed in the right direction but i do not know what to do with it lol...

please see above posts..