WANTED: old (eighties) speech processors and speech ROMs (e.g. MM52116SHRL)

klclab

Joined Mar 23, 2020
Hi,

Looking for old eighties speech synthesizers / speech processors and their ROMs and some other stuff.
Digitalker ROM MM52116SHRL (other letters added to MM52116 are not the right chip) [National Semiconductor]
Hi,

I know this is an older post, but I just ran across it.
Are you interested in a set of these (never been used) Digitalker IC's?

digitalker.png

Cheers,
Ray

georgedb

Joined Jul 29, 2017
Hi Ray,

That is a very nice set, or actually they are two! Especially the SSR5 and 6 are hard to find. From the Digitalker persepective, I got the Digitalker itself (MM54104) and the (contents of) the SSR1/2/5/6. The SSR3 and 4 and the MM52116SHR/L are supposed to exist as well, but I have never not even seen a trace of them. And then there is the DTSW500 Digitalker CP/M software, where based on a vocab on 8" floppies (?), you could create the contents of your own (EP)ROM. It must have existed, it is on some old 8" disks on some attic somewhere, but I wonder if I'll ever find it ;-)

But I'm sure there is someone reading this thread that would love to become the new owner of these sets!

Thanks for posting and stay healthy!

George

georgedb

Joined Jul 29, 2017
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your post. Well, you saw my list in the initial post,let's keep the communication open to everyone, there might be more people interested: so, what have you got available?

Cheers,

George