W10 forcible upgrade

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
I have just installed the win 10 anniversary update to my laptop and my desktop P.C's and they have made some major improvements to what was already a good O.S. Defender now has a new format and you can now save files to another location automatically every 10 mins to daily so that should the worst happen and your H.D crashes, not only can you restore from the last backup system image, but also to the last changes /additions to any files.
The windows button now needs R.click for shutdown/sleep/ restart, and left click now opens the apps list which is more convenient.
This is a major update and took an hour to complete but is excellent! I ran disc clean up and removed all the old files once I was sure it was all ok, CCleaner registry analyser cleared a whole raft of unwanted old entries.
One issue that had bugged me a little since upgrading from win 7-64 pro to win 10 pro, was that often my Epson scanner software would not start unless I unplugged the scanner and then re-powered it. this revision seems to have cured that.
One of the printer drivers disappeared, but as soon as I turned the printer on, it automatically re-loaded it.
All in all, I think Win 10 is working extremely well and for me, it has proved to really be an "upgrade" from win 7.
Just noticed that there is a "power" Icon in the bottom left corner when you L.click the win app button (start)

Last edited: